Boots

UA speed freaks. I put in lots of miles in the mountains. Backpacking the sierras and even more hunting. Have never worn anything as good as these for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below are some of the very best boots in the industry. All are at the top of the food chain. Take your pick - scrimp on anything but two items when hunting... Good glass (scope, bino, spotter) and good boots. Both can make or brake a hunt.

Kenetrek
Crispi
Zamberlan
Scarpa
Meindl
Russell Moccasin

My feet were dieing until I got some hand me downs. f red wing they suck. 288.00 for garbage. They suck. They were broken in walked 100 miles no bs

I like Kennetrek, I have owned Russel's and Meindl's but have found the Kennetrek to be the best for me. They are the best boot I have found for rough terrain, because they are quite stiff they are not quite as comfortable as the others but the grip and the ability to side hill in rough terrain with positive traction is far better than any other boot I have owned.

Snake Charmer said:
I like Kennetrek, I have owned Russel's and Meindl's but have found the Kennetrek to be the best for me. They are the best boot I have found for rough terrain, because they are quite stiff they are not quite as comfortable as the others but the grip and the ability to side hill in rough terrain with positive traction is far better than any other boot I have owned.

Snake Charmer what Kennetrek boots do you like or wear?

Here are my favorite boots that I have owned over time that are within my budget.

UA Speed Freaks
Danner Vanish
Wolverine Antelope
Danner Pronghorn

brice s said:
UA speed freaks. I put in lots of miles in the mountains. Backpacking the sierras and even more hunting. Have never worn anything as good as these for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

Sdbirds said:
My feet were dieing until I got some hand me downs. f red wing they suck. 288.00 for garbage. They suck. They were broken in walked 100 miles no bs
Those hand me downs are redwings to

Lowa Tibet GTX's are exactly what my feet love. I have also tried most all insoles and found that Dr. Sholl's EXTRA Support to be my favorite. All feet are a little different so try as many as you can.

brice s said:
Sdbirds said:
Those hand me downs are redwings to

Lol made by ha

Wow! This is great information regarding boots. It was in passing I asked Wheels, my son, about boots. I really agree with one of the posts stating not to go cheep on glass and boots. I should have started here. thanks for all the information.

I love my Cabela/ Meindl Alaska's. They are a bit over kill for local hunting unless you are in steep terrain or hauling a heavy pack. I've put countless hard miles on them and they are yet to break down or give me blisters.

Snake Charmer said:
Wheels- I like the Kennetrek hard scrabble hikers.

SC, great points about traction and support when side-hilling in and out of draws off trail. What do you think about the Kenetrek Mountain extreme? it is a 10 inch boot as opposed to the hard scrabble, which is 7 inches. Have you had a boot that gave you too much support in the ankle?

Bonejour- I think they are too much (the 10") for the southwest but there are some folks out there that need the extra support for whatever reasons, no I haven't tried a boot with too much support I've found that the less the boot supports you lower joints the more effort you have to exert to keep yourself up right in steep terrain. I especially like that I can boulder hop and cross rocky terrain with these boots because they don't flex from one angle to another easily or slip without some serious terrain challenges

Snake Charmer said:
Bonejour- I think they are too much (the 10") for the southwest but there are some folks out there that need the extra support for whatever reasons, no I haven't tried a boot with too much support I've found that the less the boot supports you lower joints the more effort you have to exert to keep yourself up right in steep terrain. I especially like that I can boulder hop and cross rocky terrain with these boots because they don't flex from one angle to another easily or slip without some serious terrain challenges

Thanks very much for that. I may try them out because I have a weak leg from an old back injury. I have Zamberlans which I love for the trail. They have great vibram soles but I am finding that when I track along game trails in rough country, my right ankle tends to roll over. It's really a problem when I'm side hilling with that foot downhill.
Thanks for the great insight!
:)

Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: Hiryuu

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu