Bowfishing bow set up for newb

I wouldn’t say you couldn’t go fish with a crossbow.
Bolts would be short. So not enough weight to carry through the water.
Not even sure how you would tune a crossbow to get the arrow/bolt to fly straight.
Loading the crossbow between shots would would be tedious.
Most of the fish we shoot are moving. With a lot of them moving fast. I don’t think you could swing the crossbow fast enough.
Personally it doesn’t seem like a good tool for the job.

Oops forgot to report on new bow/fishing. The PSE rtf (ready to fish) set up I got wasnt bad. I did make quite a few mistakes which resulted in a destring, and my arrow safety ring breaking another time. (Managed to fix that in the field), was able to keep fishing and got a few carp. I tried shooting from my kayak (never seemed to work for me). The only success I had was from standing a bit higher on shore or standing in the water. Overall great fishing trip, and fun bow!

Reactions: YETI
Oops forgot to report on new bow/fishing. The PSE rtf (ready to fish) set up I got wasnt bad. I did make quite a few mistakes which resulted in a destring, and my arrow safety ring breaking another time. (Managed to fix that in the field), was able to keep fishing and got a few carp. I tried shooting from my kayak (never seemed to work for me). The only success I had was from standing a bit higher on shore or standing in the water. Overall great fishing trip, and fun bow!

Heather,

Where did you bow fish?....Lake Henshaw is loaded with carp.

Oh cool, I haven't tried Henshaw yet. Ill look into that and go check it out. Thank you

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu