Boys bagged their own groceries

skinnyjimmy

Mar 9, 2013
Took a new hunter out with my son Saturday. Well actually Z missed one last year so I invited him again.
Got to our spot and had the birds going early.
Only hens, three different groups giving us a good show attacking decoy. After a slight nap and to stand up and stretch our legs Zander calls it out.
Uh, uh, hey, uh right there.
A gobbler was on his way in and makes us.
We sit back down and hear putts, I give her a call and she fires up, yelping her way in, four other hens join her and make their way in to the decoy.
My son redirects our attention to two red heads below us to the left.
"Here they come boys".
Two minutes later and a "take em" puts Zanders 1st bird down and Cam with a double.
Always live it when the new kid bags one.

Will post pics when I can, got message - can't load20200321_124204.jpg

What a day nice job , and they look extremely happy. Turkey hunters for life.

DojaDr, I like most are not as lucky as some on the site to have access to private property.
We hunted public land.
Gotta do your homework, most often pays off.
We have taken birds in this same hole for a few years. Even turned a few other parents onto this spot after meeting them at other youth hunts.
Tow years ago a young man I directed to he and dad hit this spot on the last day of the general season. Biggest bird I've ever seen noted by a local taxidermist.
Go get em!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu