Boys first

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
I went out last week and got 2 and felt bad for not taking man child so I went back out this week and took him. He had a blast and stuck by my side hoping to hook and hand him one. I always panic a bit when fishing with him wanting to get one one for him so bad I always mess something up. Snapped the first one off and the second one just popped the hook right before I handed it off. I was trying to get him to take a rod but he was a little intimidated. Later in the afternoon someone handed him a rod and told him if he messed it up it wasn’t a big deal and he took it. I went to swap a bait and my buddies kid started yelling for me he had hook up all on his own. The pics will tell the rest 13 and he’s checking boxes a lot of us didn’t get to till much later in life. I’m a proud dad for sure.IMG_7380.jpegIMG_7395.jpegIMG_7408.jpegIMG_7404.jpeg

Kids are really cool!! Nice job Dad!!

That looks awesome! Looks ik he had a blast.

I take the kids out a few times a year and they absolutely love it. We've never gotten into anything big though. Mostly short trips for rockfish and the like. My daughter out-catches everyone every time. I'm looking forward to them being old enough to last for longer trips and bigger fish.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu