Broadheads

I shoot the slick trick 100gr mag. they fly great are deadly and they have the best C.S. I have found out there when it comes to broadheads.

I've been bowhunting for 17ish years and have shot several different broadheads and I will say... IMO the VPA 3-blade non-vented is the best head I have ever shot. Easy to sharpen, fly GREAT, tougher then any other head and DEAD silent in flight.

I have killed more animals with the rage and like the huge holes they created but I have also had them open in flight (even with new rubber bands). Luckily never while it was heading toward an animal but I would hate for it to happen on the way to a monster buck!

I really like the VPA Terminators, they are machined out of a block instead on being casted like the Montec and they will bust through bone like butter. The one thing I am having a tough time with them is they are dropping terribly in my Bow Tech Admiral and not even Bruce can figure it out. The Rages fly like my field tips and are dead on every shot. If you have access to any dental contacts you can get the little rubber bands that they use for braces and they will hold the blades in place but open with no issues.

i'll say it again..you can't beat a Rage..but this is definitely a true statement...if you hit em where your sposed to it really doesnt matter what kind of head you shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will agree with oneazbowhunter, Put the arrow in the boiler room and they don't go far. You need to get use to whatever broad head you shoot and be confident with it. Seems to be alot of good shots but to many lost animals. Don't blame the broad heads. Good luck on all your hunts this coming season but take the time to be sure of all your shots.

Zebulon696 speaks the truth. Striking the vitals is the bottom line with all methods of take less hand grenades. Correct shot placement is what it takes to be a responsible and consistent killer. A large percentage of folks don't seem to understand something so simple.

Darwin should give away Dangerous game hunts to those who believe different.

These are my express opinions derived from my experiences - I know less than most and half as much as some!

That is for sure John, if you double lung any animal with a rifle or bow the animal is done. I think most need to practice more patinece and if the shot is not there
than dont make that bad shot. I give these SD deer credit they are tough and can take a shot but there is nothing they can hide from when the shot placement is good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu