Brocock Commander Magnum .25 Full Field Review/Hunt

Why is that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All that pressure? In the Tank. And having that pressurized tank near your shoulder and face? And what if something on the tank fails? What could potentially get hurt?

Whereas with the tank out front like this Brocock design here... if something should happen to fail in terms of the tank or its seal...at worst maybe the forward hand get it a little bit. I'd take that all day over possibly jacking up my face and eyes with a tank thats back near them.

It's pickin' straws. Probably won't happen... but.. I like to say "I Know My Luck!" . Million other could use it no problem... the day I go to use it it will present with such a problem.

Burst Disk eliminate these failures, weather it be a tube gun or a bottle gun. The pressure ratings on these bottles and tubes are rediculous and can handle far beyond what a person could fill them to. Some can fill to 300 bar 4350 psi standard. Major accidents happen when the inexperienced try taking them apart fully charged. Tube failures are most common to Chinese guns being over filled or improperly converted without a pin in the valve. Modern higher end PCP's are very safe.

All that pressure? In the Tank. And having that pressurized tank near your shoulder and face? And what if something on the tank fails? What could potentially get hurt?

Whereas with the tank out front like this Brocock design here... if something should happen to fail in terms of the tank or its seal...at worst maybe the forward hand get it a little bit. I'd take that all day over possibly jacking up my face and eyes with a tank thats back near them.

It's pickin' straws. Probably won't happen... but.. I like to say "I Know My Luck!" . Million other could use it no problem... the day I go to use it it will present with such a problem.
Can you cite these occurrences? Where? When?

Dana,

Is the Marauder Ok?....And does it have these features?
The Marauder is a great rifle and to be honest have never heard of any type of failure with them. I actually own one of the first Gen1's and it still shoots amazing. Those .25's are great, they have the Green Mountain barrels I believe. The heaviest part of those guns is the "steel" tube..very tough guns.

M35krur.jpg

Drew,

Stefanie & Jacob ordered me one for Father's Day....Just needed some info on it....Probably just a ground squirrel & rabbit gun....Lost a turkey a couple years back with my Beeman .22....Felt pretty bad about it (found it 2 days later)….So, turkeys are probably out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
Drew,

Stefanie & Jacob ordered me one for Father's Day....Just needed some info on it....Probably just a ground squirrel & rabbit gun....Lost a turkey a couple years back with my Beeman .22....Felt pretty bad about it (found it 2 days later)….So, turkeys are probably out.
That’s a good kid right there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you cite these occurrences? Where? When?

I don't need to cite occurrences to know that things can fail. I have a brain. I know things can fail. The Titanic? Hellooo! Small fissure in the casting or something. Whatever. I just know that if it's farther from me the chances of injury or death would likely be reduced, that's all I'm saying. I'm sure their legal team had them overbuild the snot out of it. Doesn't mean a momentary hiccup can't occur on the production line and the tolerances of some piece-part slips and doesn't get caught in QA.

Dana,

Thank you for the PM....What scope do you recommend?
A little Vortex Crossfire II 2 x 7 32mm works great on AirGuns without adding to much weight.

Attachments

• Octane Rabbit 2017-12-07 in AZ.jpg
    Octane Rabbit 2017-12-07 in AZ.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu