Browning .270 auto for sale

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
A friend has a neighbor who is looking to sell this rifle. I have been told it is circa mid 1980s little usage. If interested I will get more info. and get his contact info. Not sure what he is asking. IMG_0721.jpg

John...pm me with details..I can put that to use the way it needs to be.. interested.

Guy has no idea what it's with so he is trying to find out. He is not a gun guy, he got it when his uncle passed.

Reactions: HATCHET1
On true gun value, I found same gun, same year manufactured, 1985, for $1200. I'm kind of surprised, I was thinking, $750- high $900.
only description was used, It has scope of some sort, as does the one I posted. I think he said it is a bushell 3x9. Not something I would leave on it.

On true gun value, I found same gun, same year manufactured, 1985, for $1200. I'm kind of surprised, I was thinking, $750- high $900.
only description was used, It has scope of some sort, as does the one I posted. I think he said it is a bushell 3x9. Not something I would leave on it.

John,

I found the same...$750.00 on a trade in...Worth what someone will give for it.

Looks like a cheap scope and for sure Weaver mounts. The value will come from where it was made, Japan not so much, Belgium desirable. I'm thinking from memory timeline wise it's Japanese. Never understood why someone wants a semiauto to hunt the west, Maybe it's just me....

John,

I found the same...$750.00 on a trade in...Worth what someone will give for it.
Exactly what I told the guy. the price you see on something like guns America is the asking price. What it goes for is another story.

Where is Browning BAR rifles made?

Belgium

Contrary to what some have said, the BAR has always been made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal from the beginning. The BAR has evolved slightly for over four decades. Rifles before 1976 are usually called Type 1 rifles.

Should say on the gun.

Looks like a cheap scope and for sure Weaver mounts. The value will come from where it was made, Japan not so much, Belgium desirable. I'm thinking from memory timeline wise it's Japanese. Never understood why someone wants a semiauto to hunt the west, Maybe it's just me....
Made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal. Stamped right on barrel. I'll try posting picture. Kind of hard to read. IMG_0720.jpg

If you have an account on Gun Broker or Guns America you can log in and see what stuff actually sold for real time.

That's a great gun and round...it will work just fine in the west... I promise...hell.....id even keep the weaver scope and rings...I just need a rifle that actually kills stuff on a consistent basis..like monthly..set me up John...I'll make her famous... I promise...I practice ....alot...well..the boys do anyway..

Belgium

Contrary to what some have said, the BAR has always been made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal from the beginning. The BAR has evolved slightly for over four decades. Rifles before 1976 are usually called Type 1 rifles.

Should say on the gun.
I have handled and worked on a fully made Belgian bar with no other origin stamp unless it was not included so Portugal was not the only place of origin according the stamps on the one I have handled. The finish and wood on the one I worked on was way beyond what is in the picture.

Belgium

Should say on the gun.
Google where Browning Bar sporting rifles were originally made and it will come up totally manufactured in Belgium until the 1970's when assembly was sent to Portugal. The blueing and wood on the Fabrique National manufactured Belgian guns are far and away and better quality wise than the Portugese firearms. Also Belgian Bar's had a fully detachable magazine not hinging as shown in the photo. Check it out...

My bad, Japan never handled Bar assembly. Miroku just built semi auto shotguns after the war as well as bolt action and other manually operated rifled guns. Fabirque National built fully assembled BAR's before 1976 and Portugal assembled the parts after that. Not the same quality by any means of the word from what I have witnessed with the Portugese guns.

Guys uncle carried the Browning 1911 during WW2. I already asked, not for sale and I made a high offer. Guy has never fired a gun in his life, Damn people and their sentimental values.

My bad, Japan never handled Bar assembly. Miroku just built semi auto shotguns after the war as well as bolt action and other manually operated rifled guns. Fabirque National built fully assembled BAR's before 1976 and Portugal assembled the parts after that. Not the same quality by any means of the word from what I have witnessed with the Portugese guns.
My kids new browning bolt rifles are stamped Japan.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu