Buck down

Social media is like kryptonite for poachers. So many idiots get busted showing of their trophy’s. Hopefully it wasn’t the buck I am going to be after this weekend.

His best option is to turn himself in and hand over the buck. If he tries to hide it that’s when they get real mad.

lol, just saw that. I hope someone reported it to the forum owner so they can report him to authorities.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Man that is frustrating. If he doesn't turn himself I hope they come down hard on him. My buddy for the DFW said there has been an uptick on poaching in San Diego...even warned me about back packing in because there are night hunters. Just make sure your rifles are on your pack and loaded if walking in the dark.

Reactions: ke1234567
Hopefully he is just a troll. Geotag data on that pic?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, there should be an official out there who can verify all this assuming it isn’t just some guy posting to get a reaction. If he posted and thought it was a legal take then someone validated the tag. You think he would have to have wondered why he did not run into 20 other guys on the opener.

John

I was that idiot 20 years ago. I read the regs and season dates in the off season, bought the tags when they were available and then did all my scouting and prep. On "opening morning", I drove to my spot and got out of the truck and started getting all my stuff ready. When I was about to start my hike in, I noticed that I hadn't seen anyone else drive by, which made me question myself. Not too much longer, I saw a truck pass and park just up the road a little bit so I jumped back in mine and went to talk to the other guy. We (mainly him and his son) got a pretty good laugh at me when he told me I was a week early for deer season! He invited me to tag along with them on their quail hunt :) It was that day that I realized that the season dates weren't on the tag like they were in every other state that I had ever hunted and I had almost really screwed up! From that day on, you can bet I didn't leave any doubt about when season dates are/were. It was a humiliating "drive of shame" home lol

Honest mistakes DO happen

Last edited:
We used to just pull them off the rocks on the LB breakwater....There were 100's of them....Mostly blacks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu