Busy with jalopies lol

29 model A on a 32 frame new 400sbc, TH350, 10” Hoosiers on the rear, custom zoomies. The car looks, sounds, and drives pissed off. But unfortunately it just collects dust in the garage since I never take it out. I need to build a new bench seat and rumble seat for it. I drove it a lot more a few years back but just can’t get into the whole car show thing, I will start driving it again this summer. It kind of plays second fiddle to hunting and fishing honestly.
001C463F-2F78-47E0-9F22-A1E820CC3991.jpeg

Well on my wife's car replaced the MAS, throttle body, thermostat, temp. Sensor, replaced the MAS pig tail connector, soldered up, still needs a air pump injector. Ugggg
On my old 1983 Ford F250 replaced
Ported switch vacuum, 2 x , fixed the Holley 4 barrel, changed thermostat.
Fixed some wiring harness.. more work needed. No time for the 53 Chevy yet.

29 model A on a 32 frame new 400sbc, TH350, 10” Hoosiers on the rear, custom zoomies. The car looks, sounds, and drives pissed off. But unfortunately it just collects dust in the garage since I never take it out. I need to build a new bench seat and rumble seat for it. I drove it a lot more a few years back but just can’t get into the whole car show thing, I will start driving it again this summer. It kind of plays second fiddle to hunting and fishing honestly.
View attachment 38934
That's a fun hot rod to work on.

Well the wife's car is running like new. Successful repairs.
The F250 still needs more work.
Half way there. The original pre 1970 460 had 365 HP. Lol
After 1980 460 cid 200 HP. Ugggg
Buggered up bad...
Couple of mods hoping to get at least 300 hp.. this truck has been running for 36 years.. lol can new vehicles do this nope..

I have started assembling the 53, getting exhaust installed, the trans brace, cross member. Lol.
Should start going fast.

Starting new job this week end, part time. 3 days a week. Going to interview tomorrow..

Glad you got it running Lee. You only need one to get you to the hills! You have a few more months until hunting season plenty of time to get the others going.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
As I have been trouble shooting my old F250, I am amazed at the knowledge base on the Web..
I have been reading non stop.
All blogs and post on these old 460cid engines.
Lots of smart people out there.
Just like on this board..
Lots of skilled, an experienced professional hunters.
It has been honor be be part of it.
Hoping to get this truck in shape by deer season...

Well I have decided to break into the 460. Visually inspect the innards for damage no test have been conclusive... Except I need to do one last test and make a smoke machine
To test for vacuum leak. The intake manifold looked very rough at the Carburetor gasket interface. Uggg
Things were more simple with 1960-1969 vehicles.... No freaking smog bullshit.. uggggg

Well I have decided to break into the 460. Visually inspect the innards for damage no test have been conclusive... Except I need to do one last test and make a smoke machine
To test for vacuum leak. The intake manifold looked very rough at the Carburetor gasket interface. Uggg
Things were more simple with 1960-1969 vehicles.... No freaking smog bullshit.. uggggg

Do you have a vac gauge? Might be easier to test with one than smoke. I think they are like $20ish and will be able to tell if its holding steady vacuum. Will come in handy later also when tuning the carb.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well got the F250 working better.
Getting closer. I looking at getting a pre 1970 timing chain set.
I would like to upgrade the cam.
I been looking at pre 1970 heads.
With those minor changes hoping
To get close to 400 hp...

Been working on the 53 Chevy when I can.
IMG_20190515_194915.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuevo
@##$&$#@#$##@#$ GM Buick lacrosse. Who was the smart people to put water through the tensioner with plastic elbows.
Stupid Stupid Stupid.
Had F N leak in the process of tear down and replace tensioner, water pump, two radiator hoses, new serpentine belt. Ugggg.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu