CA newbie. Any D13 hunters in the house?

SeymourBucks

May 23, 2022
Ventura County California
New deer hunter and new to the forum. I’ve been out scouting and hunting the last three years but no luck whatsoever. I have limited time (new dad and utility worker) so I get out to scout maybe two or three weekends before the season in D13. I feel like I’m just wandering the mountains hoping to find a mystical deer habitat over the next peak. I’ve spent most of my time in the pine mountain club area or a 15 mile radius. It’s difficult to glass through the trees and thick brush. I don’t have any friends that hunt so I’m completely DIY. Any tips, however vague, that might get me heading in the right direction eventually would really help! If anyone wants to meet and do some weekend scouting that would be awesome. Always nice to have someone else out there with you and I want to become part of this community damnit! Haha

Welcome to SCH....I know there's one guy on here that probably knows that area..... ;)

ps...Back in the day when you could just buy a deer tag and hunt anywhere in the state...I shot a buck in what is now D-13...I'll send you a PM on location.

Reactions: SeymourBucks
I know that guy...if you wanna kill a deer...give him a shout .might cost you...but you will kill a deer...he has some young bloods working with him this season...like 1..2.. or 3. depending on our government... but rest assured..you will get a shot a a legal buck..pm me .

I know that guy...if you wanna kill a deer...give him a shout .might cost you...but you will kill a deer...he has some young bloods working with him this season...like 1..2.. or 3. depending on our government... but rest assured..you will get a shot a a legal buck..pm me .

Can I get in on that guys info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu