Camo is not necessary……Change my Mind

OK....Since the subject is about camo and stuff....Who has bought HECS suits?...Come on now, admit it...I'm serious this time...... :joy:

Reactions: YETI
OK....Since the subject is about camo and stuff....Who has bought HECS suits?...Come on now, admit it...I'm serious this time...... :joy:

I will admit to considering it. But it seems like all their gear is directed to hunting in cold weather, not our D-16 sweltering temps. I also could not find anyone who has actually tried it and think it works, only online people I don't know.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Remember grandpa shot deer with his 30-30 while wearing a red plaid wool coat and a fir-lined trooper hat...
3pq26k1iffa61.jpg

Remember grandpa shot deer with his 30-30 while wearing a red plaid wool coat and a fir-lined trooper hat...
3pq26k1iffa61.jpg

Lol I shot my first in blue jeans and a black sweat shirt with an orange vest on. Red plaid is next level!

well I don't care what every one else thinks about what I like to wear it's a personnel choice. I like to also hide from humans, and turkeys have a very sharp eye. if it out of place they will know it. far as bird hunting in general I have always done better with it than with out.

Limited movement and playing the wind trumps good camo for sure. But suiting up in camo is fun I won't lie. For ducks and turkeys it's a must I think.
Hiking to much and they can hear you a mile away especially in the chaparral because it's so brushy, sit on top of a mountain watch and wait

I think it gives a real edge for Turkey and duck hunting but I don’t think it’s necessary for deer. For deer just avoid blue, they see in a form of grey scale but have a rod and cone set up that lets them see blue or purple really well. Supposedly it stands out like neon to them. Deer hunting i often wear tan and olive drab, just neutral colors. Wear black in a blind and cover your lower face

Camouflage is a gimmick used by hunting companies to sell gear. Why do you think as soon as you have all your gear they all come out with a new pattern?
Releasing new patterns constantly makes them smart as a company (filling consumer demand). That is not to be conflated with the effectiveness of camo or not.

Ok something that kind of made me consider more camo is stupid birds seeing me and making a bunch of racket. Hey birds stfu and stop letting the deer know where I am I'll come back for you later.

• Haha
Reactions: YETI
I think it gives a real edge for Turkey and duck hunting but I don’t think it’s necessary for deer. For deer just avoid blue, they see in a form of grey scale but have a rod and cone set up that lets them see blue or purple really well. Supposedly it stands out like neon to them. Deer hunting i often wear tan and olive drab, just neutral colors. Wear black in a blind and cover your lower face

I disagree with the blue, I have hunted all my life in levies and chambray shirt, had a doe and 2 fawns come up to about 10ft of me leaning against a tree, many walk by close to me, I am a bow hunter now and wear Camo

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu