Camo Painting the .223

Yeah, I tested trying that method of using foliage from the intended area. Thing I didn't like about it is since ya can't really get the foliage right up against the surface tightly, the outline of the plant life you choose becomes very diffuse. I dunno, just didn't look right to me.

EDIT: I really like the direct brush stroke paint he does of the "reeds" though in this one. that part looks great!

Looks kind of like the paint job I did. I got a Magpul stock for my Ruger American .308.

I bought a Yeti Rambler and it was shipped wrapped in this cardboard mesh.

ZOUrDl.jpg

I taped off and hung the stock:

TcuTYZ.jpg

Then I painted it by holding the cardboard close and doing stripes:

TiTrfC.jpg

H6zXX9.jpg

And the finished result:

aMarPX.jpg

I may paint the P-Mags later, we'll see. The shotgun will probably be next.

Me as well thinking it was new
Since I'm new. He's what was done to my rifle long ago

Attachments

• 20210425_114425.jpg
    20210425_114425.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210425_114437.jpg
    20210425_114437.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 10
No different what any other predator can & will do.....We try to be humane, but the fact is, the wild is quite cruel.

View attachment 40284
People who talk about the beauty of nature and the cruelty of hunting haven't been out there. Think of mammals. None of them die a quiet, painless death. It's all violent. Mother Nature is a heartless bitch. You kill to survive or you don't survive. Don't mean to be negative, but if you spend enough time out in the wild, you realize very quickly that it's dog eat dog [or coyote eat deer].

Old im sure of...

Ackley Improved 225 Remington that was given to me. Shot it for the first time. Recently
All i could say was wow... crisp sounding with some zip.. I can see this being fun to shoot. Alot of fun shooting coyote..

Old im sure of...

Ackley Improved 225 Remington that was given to me. Shot it for the first time. Recently
All i could say was wow... crisp sounding with some zip.. I can see this being fun to shoot. Alot of fun shooting coyote..
Are you able to get ammo or reloading components for that cartridge?

I have about 80 loaded rounds about 20 -30. Pieces of brass. And limited supply of reloading components. New to reloading getting help from my roomates son who reloads... Alway looking for more components and any advice. Would also be very appreciated.

I have about 80 loaded rounds about 20 -30. Pieces of brass. And limited supply of reloading components. New to reloading getting help from my roomates son who reloads... Alway looking for more components and any advice. Would also be very appreciated.
Nice thing about P.O. [Parker Otto] Ackley chambering is that you can also shoot the original round, in your case the 225. You just can't reload that brass using regular 225 dies because it is now fire formed 225 AI. You can get 225 AI dies but they are expensive and almost the only way you can get brass is to shoot regular 225 thru your rifle, which creates perfectly fireformed brass.

Reactions: Fishnplay57
Thank you for the info on the builder's full name. I didn't know much about the history behind this rifle. Im surely going to look more into it and the man Parker Otto Ackley... Thank you doc.. Ill be searching for thoses dies. Wanta keep it shooting

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu