camping supplies

8# a gallon adds up a gallon a day gets me by during the hot days and big hikes....I'm lucky I have water to filter at one of my spots.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Pick up a new 1 person tent. New mini stove it came with two small pots, new warmer cotton thermals. Can't wear polyester. Hydrated grub, new pull on beanie hat. New 15 deg mummy bag 3 lb. New back pack . New 3 liter camel back. New roll pad. Should be ready for opener. Hiking in Friday. Rain or shine.

Reactions: Goyaałé
I have a filter. Head lamp. Knife. Misc stuff first aid. Fire starter. Toilet paper. Munchies. Latex gloves. Cordage. Camo hunting clothes. Gloves.

LBH2- with all the new goodies im excited for you on the camping trip. What store did you raid? Not REI-they only have space age materials (polyester) and some earth friendy wool. No way would they sell cotton thermals these days.

Please take some pics and share some reviews with what works and doesnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBH2- with all the new goodies im excited for you on the camping trip. What store did you raid? Not REI-they only have space age materials (polyester) and some earth friendy wool. No way would they sell cotton thermals these days.

Please take some pics and share some reviews with what works and doesnt.

Xjon will do.
The stuff I got is not made for long term. Two days at the most.
Most of stuff was carefully chosen .
I don't like getting cold at night.
The little mini stove is cool. Stansport stove fuel, & cook set. It came as a set.
Ultra light 4.3 oz. It all sets in side the little pots. The con would be because it's so little it can tip over while boiling water. So it has to sit on a flat surface.. normal price is $50. I purchased it on sale for $34. Purchase a new camel back. $35 will see how it work. Had purchase a cheap last drop. And it did not work very well. Had trouble with it getting air in tube to the mouth of. Because I am a senior citizen and at 62 years of age. Carring a light as load is important. I purchased a timber hawk Kodiak day pack. It's light but big enough to carry supplies for two days. Or more. It has the pouch to hold a rifle or bow. Will see how it works. Normal price $55. Got on sale 39.99.

The little mummy bag is a world famous sports weighs 3 lbs. There is way better out there but it normally cost $100. I got it on sale for $39.00 it's rated at 15 F. Will see how does in the cold wind.

I imagine in the old days I would be able to drive my truck up to the kill. Now its all gated and no way I can drag a whole deer up and down hills for a few miles.
d63c5471223d89af8196168317bed5d1.jpgmy pack loaded with hunting gear going up.
e09004ebab713e22465f53798d093c0f.jpgmy pack loaded with deer coming down.
If I get lucky, I stash all my hunting equipment under a bush and come back for it later.

I imagine in the old days I would be able to drive my truck up to the kill. Now its all gated and no way I can drag a whole deer up and down hills for a few miles.
View attachment 33324my pack loaded with hunting gear going up.
View attachment 33325my pack loaded with deer coming down.
If I get lucky, I stash all my hunting equipment under a bush and come back for it later.

Yeppers. Last one I dragged two miles

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu