Chasing Cows in New Mexico 2019 LIVE

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Well we usually do this hunt in January. However, the state of New Mexico is going to do away with the January hunts. So we had to move our hunt with the ranch to December.
We spent today getting the guns sighted in F13AE1C6-4CE2-4E8D-A4FB-F3C222008D8F.jpegComparing some 15 power Binos. We had the swaro’s, the Kiababs and the new 18 power UHD Razors that were very good by the way. 7FF89D93-523D-47F6-89CA-FEB301739DBD.jpegand discussing who’s going where tomorrow for our hunt opener.
The cows start hitting the ground tomorrow.

What’s everyone shooting? Any more details on the 15x bino review?
Couple of 30 Noslers, 300WSM, 6.5 SAUM.

Of course the Swaros were on top followed up by the new UHD 18 power Vortex Razors.
Very very close though. For the $700 hundred dollar difference they are going to sell a lot of them.
Then the 15 power Kiababs. They came in last but not giving up much. Just not as crisp of detail looking into the shadows.

The mountain that you see in the pic is 5 miles from us. We glassed up 4 bulls this morning on that mountain and were able to give each Bino a good test.

Awesome guys, I’m rolling out to AZ early Thursday to do the same, looking forward to the reports from the field....

Reactions: NBK
Couple of 30 Noslers, 300WSM, 6.5 SAUM.

Of course the Swaros were on top followed up by the new UHD 18 power Vortex Razors.
Very very close though. For the $700 hundred dollar difference they are going to sell a lot of them.
Then the 15 power Kiababs. They came in last but not giving up much. Just not as crisp of detail looking into the shadows.

The mountain that you see in the pic is 5 miles from us. We glassed up 4 bulls this morning on that mountain and were able to give each Bino a good test.
Thanks L.P. that means a lot to me. It's a double edge sword because when I do get back something else will be gone. Please post when you can, that place cured my soul for many years and I hope it does so in the future.

Reactions: NBK and Lungpopper
Get some! Stoked for you guys I just spent a week in the field and I already want to go back.

What bullet in the 6.5 143 ELDX? You know my feelings in 6.5 I drank the Kool-aid for sure.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu