Chukar?

raekit

Sep 9, 2014
Tustin, CA
How’s everyone doing out there with finding Chukar? We went out two weeks ago East of Victorville at a hot spot, but saw nothing but some jacks late in the day.

Anyone else having some luck? We are heading back out Friday. c7164b8e8c38302d0c08e2280879c834.jpg16440e9656958dd55b48fd3a00686475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moves
Certainly looks like chukar country.....I had friends go out for the opener in a spot that always produced.....Lots of quail, but zero chukar.

Sad to say, but the drought really did a job on them.....I'm hoping that there's birds out there somewhere and will start us back to the hey days of the 60's. 70's, and 80's.

Hey Raekit,

Did you hear them laugh? I didn't see any in the El Paso Mountains about 3 years ago, but I sure hear their taunting echo through the hills.

We’ve done decent so far this season, as of 2 days ago my chukar count is at 19 birds this year. Between my buddy, my dad and I, we have around 50 birds total for this years count. It’s been a great year with tons of birds. 7d020ba55c808b1e5c4fb215e9c07e1b.jpgff9bf7ccd18f22b0b1fc47fd7f0c39b1.jpg3b13c08a3307638bcc628b16df3412a3.jpg

We’ve done decent so far this season, as of 2 days ago my chukar count is at 19 birds this year. Between my buddy, my dad and I, we have around 50 birds total for this years count. It’s been a great year with tons of birds. View attachment 34187View attachment 34188View attachment 34189

Great work! We will keep putting boots to the ground. Hoping to run into some coveys soon. Trying a new location this weekend!

Keep up the great work!

Hey Raekit,

Did you hear them laugh? I didn't see any in the El Paso Mountains about 3 years ago, but I sure hear their taunting echo through the hills.

No noise yet!

Reactions: Moves
Wow!.....A 50 bird year......I'd keep that spot close to the vest......Congrats.

Thank you. We haven’t hunted them at all the last 2 years. Last year I went to see how the coveys were and could only turn up 1 covey of about 6 birds. They bounced back great, we had one covey scouted out pre-season that had about 50 birds in it. A lot of other coveys with 20-30 birds. Hopefully we can get some more rain, the population will look really good next season!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Great work! We will keep putting boots to the ground. Hoping to run into some coveys soon. Trying a new location this weekend!

Keep up the great work!

Keep after them! They have been tight lipped the last 2 weeks, I’m assuming due to the pressure. We’ve had hardly any responses to the call.

Good luck!

Reactions: raekit
I got skunked a couple weeks ago from a honey-hole, but I was by myself whereas before I had someone with me. I think they’re just holding better when trapped and running earlier when it’s an option.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu