Cold morning success buck down!

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
Timothy and I went out this morning to glass one of our favorite spots. We spotted this buck at first light and the stalk was on. With Timothy's help I was able to close the distance to 40 yards. When I came to full draw the buck busted me, so I rushed the shot and hit him low in the shoulder. He ran about 20 yards and bedded up. I moved forward til I had a clear shot and ranged him, at 51 yards I put another arrow in him. He stumbled a couple of yards and went down. Big thanks to Timothy for the guiding and the packing help. Awesome cold morning to be in the hills.

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_080617.jpg
    IMG_20151129_080617.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
Nice buck Gil. That may be in the running. Let us know when you get him scored.

Nice work brother! Would've been out there but made the smart choice in taking Andrea out for our 25 Yr. Anniversary. ;)

Gteam2 said:
Nice work brother! Would've been out there but made the smart choice in taking Andrea out for our 25 Yr. Anniversary. ;)
Good job bud, got get those points in so you can make.Arizona in a couple.of weeks ???

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu