Colorado deer hunt with the family

Hunt4lyf

Oct 9, 2017
Colorado
I had a Colorado 3rd season buck tag this year and my wife and daughter came along for the fun.

Winter has started early this year with record cold and snow 3 days before the opener and there is still a lot out there.

1102191212a.jpg

I bought a new Kodiak Canvas Truck Tent just before the hunt to give them a bit more comfort and it worked out great. I was able to drive around with it set up, at slow dirt road speeds, with no problem. It will make a great mobile camp for deer and elk hunting where I am moving areas looking for animals

1102191627.jpg

My first deer with the family with me, normally I'm solo and hold out for a bigger buck but I'm breaking my daughter in slowly and she really wanted to get a buck with me so when this 3x3 presented an opportunity I took it.

1103190912.jpg

I've shot bigger but this is my best buck so far because my family was there with me. They weren't there for the shot, but having them there for the weekend and helping me pack it out was great.

Since I tagged out early I was going to jump a jet and go hit D16 with my Dad for a few days but he had to work so I'm headed out to the west slope to try to fill a cow tag.

Congrats...Looks like a great hunting trip with the family...The last picture is a "lifer".
That's one pic of a lifetime right there!

Thanks! I'm putting the picture on my desk!

Great stuff! Raise up the next generation of hunters we are going to need them.

Thanks! Agreed, we need as many kids involved as possible.

Nice job. Did you make the girls pack it out for you ?

Thanks! We drug it out since it was basically all downhill to the truck, my wife helped me on a couple small uphill and my daughter carried the bag with the heart in it for most of the way.

Congrats on a great hunt and future hunts with your fam.
Well done! :clap:
Congrats !
Congrats on a great hunt with your awesome family!!!
Awesome. Congrats.
Very cool!

Thank you everyone!

Down hill to the truck...the most important lesson you could have taught your youngster..nice job!

Reactions: Hunt4lyf
That's awesome you were able to get your family involved. Love the last picture, congratulations!

I'm lucky that they want to go out with me, my daughter is counting down the days until she can hunt on her own. Thanks!

Down hill to the truck...the most important lesson you could have taught your youngster..nice job!

I purposely went to an area where the drag would be all downhill since I knew I was on my own to get it to the truck, I'm just lucky it actually worked out that way. Thanks!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu