Connecting with the quail too.

Before you start worrying about the gun fitting you, have you ever shot trap or sporting clays before? Hand throwers are about ten bucks at Walmart. I think about another six will get you a crate of 90 (?) clay pigeons to practice on. Sporting clays can be had at Raahauges and trap can be shot at Prado, if there aren’t any closer spots to you. I’d suggest trap since theres fewer variables and you get more work on the fundamentals. But for reference, upland barrels are usually 22-24 inches if you have enough money to buy a new barrel, but I’d wager most guys stick with either the 26 or 28 that came with the gun. I shoot a 28” 870.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about picking up a box of clay targets to practice. I’ve shot trap only a couple of times at Oak Tree Gun Club. They are not too far from my place.

I was thinking about picking up a box of clay targets to practice. I’ve shot trap only a couple of times at Oak Tree Gun Club. They are not too far from my place.

Trap and 5 Stand are great games to hone your skills and build wingshooting confidence.. plus they're fun. Before dove season I'll shoot a few rounds for warm up.

Reactions: MarceloF
I liked to shoot skeet, sporting clays, or 5 stand.....The thing I like about these 3 shooting events is that your practice is more like a hunting theme. You start with your gun off your shoulder unlike trap shooting.

Reactions: MarceloF

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu