Couple more hours

Good job bud. Ur dad called Me early. U gave me the fever. Great bird. Way to use a stick and a string

I almost forgot to mention the best part about this bird i missed him last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brice s said:
Better do at least a fan mount with that thing. Congrats man.

It hadnt crossed my mind to do a fan mount till i read your comment im gonna do one

D16hunter said:
brice s said:

It hadnt crossed my mind to do a fan mount till i read your comment im gonna do one

Did u save it. I can show u how

Sdbirds said:
D16hunter said:
brice s said:

Did u save it. I can show u how
I saved it i think i now how to do a fan mount but not 100%

fordfan1 said:
Thats a big bird. Look at those spurs too. Congrats!! How far was the shot and what broadheads did you use?
35 yards or so shot didnt range it i shot it with grimreaper broadheads and i spined him he just dropped no movement or anything. Also if any of the guys from the lakeside bow and arrow shop read the forum thanks for getting me set up and ready to hunt

Clean it till u see quills pour muleteam Borax down. Lay the fan down on top of ot the cover the rest of the meat. Pin it open use something heavy to keep on it while it drys.

Sdbirds said:
Clean it till u see quills pour muleteam Borax down. Lay the fan down on top of ot the cover the rest of the meat. Pin it open use something heavy to keep on it while it drys.
Ok ill try it any advice as to how to get the spurs off the legs

SurfNHuntSD said:
Hacksaw works good on the legs.. if you've saved the wings and aren't planning on making a bone call or eating em, the wings look cool mounted with the fan too

Freezing them helps to I don't know why but they cut better when they're frozen

Need to put you together with my boy you two seem like crazed hunters

Sdbirds said:
What does the Borax do?

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu