D-11 Buck Down For The Gteam

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
Anthony and I went out yesterday morning to see if we could find a buck for him. With very limited time to hunt this season Anthony was not going to be picky. He told me that if we could find a legal buck, he would go for it. At first light we glassed up two bucks and three does. The bucks were about a half mile down the canyon from us feeding. We waited for the spike fork to bed and made a plan to move in, the other buck was a small spike.
As we got to the base of the ridge that the buck was bedded on, Anthony pointed out and told me that there were deer in the oaks in front of us. I looked up to see the spike fork following a doe, on a trail that would lead them right to us. When the buck got to 20 yards Anthony drew his bow and the buck spooked, only to stop at 30 yards perfectly broadside. it seemed like slow motion when he released the arrow until it impacted on the bucks shoulder. The buck took off hard and crashed about 40 yards to our left. No tracking needed on this buck it was time to high five and celebrate. Timothy joined us to help dress and pack out the buck, while we were working on the buck we had another buck come down the same trail as Anthony's buck. Timothy was able to get a crack at him but couldn't connect, we'll have to come back for that guy. Always a blast hunting with these guys, can't wait for the next adventure.IMG_0392.jpg

Reactions: Hunt4lyf and MAG 1
Way to go Anthony , wish I could have been out there! Joaquin's soccer season in full swing. I had a feeling we'd be seeing that buck up close soon. : )

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu