D11/A31 update

Re: D11/A31 archery opener update

Thanks Don..........Learn something every day..........Don't think I've ever see it in SD.

woke up this morning at 5am to hear pouring rain...rolled over and went back to sleep....got up around 9am no rain...headed to the mountains...figured i would do a late morning/afternoon hunt...as i was walking up the trail to my spot a deer crosses the path...i hurry to an elevated spot to see if it was a buck....after a few minutes of glassing around and i spotted it...a 3x3..its cruising up a hill so i try to get my scope on him but up and over the ridge goes....bye bye...lesson learned...dont sleep in at all during deer season...if i went there at the earlier time i originally planned,freakin rain..i would of been waiting there when the buck crossed the path.... :mad:

ugh...gotta work today, not able to go hunting .... :( hopefully no one shoots the 3x3 i saw yesterday.......

He's wearing your tag UD. Go get em'!

well went out this morning to where i saw the 3x3 ...sat there from sunrise to about noon....saw nothing....bummer...was pretty warm out there compared to last week...thought for sure something would come by...let see what happens saturday....

hopefully i have not been patterened by the 3x3..only hunted the spot twice..but ya never know..the buck didnt get big by being dumb...!!! i will be out there sat and sun and will try to mix it up a bit...hopefully i will nail him...!!!

Winchester300magnum said:
Woow I love this page. Thanks for inviting, I got mine already by frazier park D13 ;)

Welcome to SCH Winchester 300 Magnum . Do you have any pictures of your buck you can post?

These deer up in D11/A31 sure are bunkered down and aren't coming out to play. Saw a decent dorky opening weekend of A31 and didn't give me a shot. Since then I haven't even seen a Deer. Hopefully after rifle season ends and it gets cold these deer will start moving.

Keep at it you guys, that area is producing deer this year. UD i know where you are hunting and trust me they are in there! Dont chase them into the thick stuff. if they wander off let them. Great chance if they are not spooked they will pop back out the same hole in the afternoon or be going the same way the next morning. I have spent years patterning deer up there and they are creatures of habit.

Lungpopper said:
Thanks for the report UD. Good luck on your next outing. Lots of people on this site pulling for you.

I am definitely in the cheering section! 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu