D16 2023

Go get um 16ers!!! That zone has know idea what's coming... remember..a fork in the upper 2/3 of one antler is all it takes fellas...FINISH!!!

@ilovesprig how is the rut looking?

Drew,

There's some movement with lesser bucks trying to mix it up...I have not seen any bigger bucks in full rut...I will hopefully know more after tomorrow...The weather we've had will have some effect at least for here in the "16"...I really think it depends on the doe and fawn ratio and how late they dropped locally...Plus, the days are getting shorter...... ;)

164.JPG

Drew,

There's some movement with lesser bucks trying to mix it up...I have not seen any bigger bucks in full rut...I will hopefully know more after tomorrow...The weather we've had will have some effect at least for here in the "16"...I really think it depends on the doe and fawn ratio and how late they dropped locally...Plus, the days are getting shorter...... ;)

View attachment 60241
Ya this is kind of the consensus right now. It will turn on at some point soon.

I'm probably going to skip the opener with the bum leg preventing me from getting away from the crowds. Keep us posted on what you're seeing!

Reactions: TRICER and M4A1
How's the leg healing up?
What happen ?
Its doing really well considering the extent of the injury. Should be good for some more mild hunts.

I was hunting turkeys in CO. Finally called one off private. As soon as he crossed I have him the beans. Only problem is he needed a follow up medicine and headed back to private. I literally took off into a full sprint (downhill). *POP*. Detached my hamstring. Had surgery to get it reattached.

IMG_3518.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude..get in the truck and role..them bucks have no idea it's opening day ...BUT..after that ..it's on with all the 16ers chasing um...man I can't wait for all the spork and fork money shots..or at least a couple .. Finish Fellas!!!

Good luck guys, I'm actually a little bummed I filled both of my tags this year. I guess there will be a bunch of coyote hunting in my near future.

Hoping we get a few reports from the field.
I’m sitting out opening weekend (crowds, drama) but will be out stalking a D16 buck by next weekend.
Any reports? Shots heard? Bucks in trucks?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu