D16 AO and A22 tag

Jnasty24

Sep 12, 2018
Oceanside
Does anyone want to link up and do some archery hunting with me? I have scouted for the past 5 weeks and have seen lots of deer. Most of them are on private land or in the state parks unfortunately. Has anyone filled their tag in D16 yet? Im originally from Washington so the heat and amount of closed access areas is crazy to me. Any suggestions in the D16 zone?

Does anyone want to link up and do some archery hunting with me? I have scouted for the past 5 weeks and have seen lots of deer. Most of them are on private land or in the state parks unfortunately. Has anyone filled their tag in D16 yet? Im originally from Washington so the heat and amount of closed access areas is crazy to me. Any suggestions in the D16 zone?

D16 iS not open yet, just A22 and AO

As is an AO tag in the D16 area (until Sunday the 23rd)
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/Deer#54773-seasons
Read the DFW reqs it explains it perfectly.
AO (archery only) follows the D16 season dates. During archery and during the general season dates.
Except Archery only.
The D16 tag allows an archery season 1 Sept 18 - 23 Sept
Then afterwards
The general season opener.
27 Oct 18 - 25 Nov 18
For zone D16
Longbow

Reactions: socalhntr
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/Deer#54773-seasons
Read the DFW reqs it explains it perfectly.
AO (archery only) follows the D16 season dates. During archery and during the general season dates.
Except Archery only.
The D16 tag allows an archery season 1 Sept 18 - 23 Sept
Then afterwards
The general season opener.
27 Oct 18 - 25 Nov 18
For zone D16
Longbow

Yup, as I said AO WAS open until yesterday in the D16 zone (will open again in the D16 zone during the general season). In the D16 zone, it's basically the same as a D16 tag except archery ONLY.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
looks like this thread may have ended, however, i have a related question

i have an AO tag for this year (2019). I intend to hunt other zones during archery season (Sept.). Can i use my unrestricted AO tag for late season archery in Nov-Dec, in D16???

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu