D16 Buck down

Congratulations on the great buck! I also I like the hanging fridge setup, but the key is reducing humidity if you are going to age for a long time.

Now a days I cover mine in ice and drain bloody water ever 12 hours for 5 days or so. Meat turns out great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishnplay57
Congratulations on the great buck! I also I like the hanging fridge setup, but the key is reducing humidity if you are going to age for a long time.

Now a days I cover mine in ice and drain bloody water ever 12 hours for 5 days or so. Meat turns out great.
Yup, Thats how I do it. I just leave the drain plug open and have opposite end elevated. The key is making sure ice covers all the meat at all times. took my Elk in yesterday and they will hang it three more days.

Gross..I have an associate touch it.

Yup, Thats how I do it. I just leave the drain plug open and have opposite end elevated. The key is making sure ice covers all the meat at all times. took my Elk in yesterday and they will hang it three more days.
BREEZE MEATS?

Just saw this. I was out after Elk, which I got. Very nice buck for any zone. Way to finish.

Maybe D16 isnt as bad as they claim, been 2 good bucks taken and posted here in the last 2 days

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu