D16 Buck down!!!!

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
Hey gang,

A buddy of mine played hooky from work today and nailed his first D16 buck in 8 years with an easy shot at 78 yards. Buck down!!! He's on his way to Jim the Butcher now. Not a bad way to spend your Tuesday morning.

Its a 2x3 about 16" wide.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA36IMAG0017.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0017.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 100MEDIA36IMAG0018.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0018.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for posting those pictures, that is a great SD buck for sure.... too bad he is not in the contest isn't it buckhunter? ::)

SkullReaper said:
Thanks for posting those pictures, that is a great SD buck for sure.... too bad he is not in the contest isn't it buckhunter? ::)

Yep. You goy to pay to play.

Nice Buck ! Conratulations !

That is a great buck, I agree the dark horns are awesome. He really has a grey muzzle. Congrats to your buddy TA, Your next.

Buy the way...this buck was killed in the same spot where my trail camera got the pic of the lion back in August. Its mostly steep hills and tall oaks in that spot so the bucks don't get as much sunlight on their horns.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu