D16 Kill

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
This is my buddy David, we have been friends since 6th grade(1976-ish), he took a long break from deer hunting and it's good to hear he is back on track. He shot this nice mature fork opening day of D16 with his two sons and brother, Good job Dave and welcome back to the field.

Attachments

• Dave's D16-2011.png
    Dave's D16-2011.png
    502.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Dave's D16-2011#2.png
    Dave's D16-2011#2.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 249
Great Buck Dave, Congrats. He has a thick neck on him. That is the first D-16 post so great job on a nice buck. Buck Hunter you should hook him up with your skull buddy, that big forky would look nice.

Michael Pritzl said:
Great Buck Dave, Congrats. He has a thick neck on him. That is the first D-16 post so great job on a nice buck. Buck Hunter you should hook him up with your skull buddy, that big forky would look nice.

I have a guy that does all my skull cleaning and he's right here in east county, how much does Buckhunters guy get for a deer skull? Is he in O.C? Thanks

TopBuck said:
Michael Pritzl said:

I have a guy that does all my skull cleaning and he's right here in east county, how much does Buckhunters guy get for a deer skull? Is he in O.C? Thanks

Yes, he's in OC and is done in less than a week. I'll send you a PM.

TopBuck said:
Does he use beetles or boiling to clean the skulls?
. He boils them in some special mixture to get them really white and get the fatty grease off.

TopBuck said:
This is my buddy David, we have been friends since 6th grade(1976-ish), he took a long break from deer hunting and it's good to hear he is back on track. He shot this nice mature fork opening day of D16 with his two sons and brother, Good job Dave and welcome back to the field.
congrats on the kill,a real nice buck.

BuckHunter said:
TopBuck said:
Does he use beetles or boiling to clean the skulls?
. He boils them in some special mixture to get them really white and get the fatty grease off.
the skull guy did my forky gave it to him saturday got it back wednesday, it looks great and he has two different styles.

oneazbowhunter said:
What the hell Dave?nice SD buck..
Dave? Dave's not here.........I posted that photo, haven't got him to sign up yet.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu