D16 Tag Filled

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
So after getting crowded out of the spot I have been scouting for a few months, on opening day of D16, went to a new spot that I have never hunted before. First day saw alot of deer and even more sign but no big bucks, my buddy took a shot on a forky but buck fever got the best of him on his first shot at a deer. We backed out of there to return last saturday, after being at the Jason Aldean concert Friday night we got out late but still before light. Didn't see a damn thing until my buddy jumped about 5 feeding under some oaks, after watching where they disappeared we set off after them. Not sure if this little guy was in the group or not, I bumped him up in steep country by himself at 130 yds. After seeing he was a legal shooter I decided to send one his way and he dropped in his tracks. In the shoulder and out the neck, check out the exit, I was shooting from down below him. Now I'm ready for the second half of A22.

Attachments

• d-16 buck 006.JPG
    d-16 buck 006.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • d-16 buck 008.JPG
    d-16 buck 008.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
Great job CB that is a great body size buck and will eat well, Great shot also. Thanks so much for posting you pictures like I sau any buck in San Diego is a trophy to me with a rifle.

Way to go Captainb. If I didn't like your avatar so much I would suggest the bloody rock as the new one. Awesome !!

Nicely done Captaintb! There are some fine chops on that dude.

I gotta tell ya, those are some huge wounds on that deer. What were you shooting?

Thanks Guys!!!!!!

teachanother said:
Nicely done Captaintb! There are some fine chops on that dude.

I gotta tell ya, those are some huge wounds on that deer. What were you shooting?

30-06 w/150 ballistic tips my bro-in-law loaded for me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu