D16 ?

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
.IMG_20210608_154747973_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought all the deer in the 16 had collars on them? Like pets?

Stevo...I'm actually in Nashville TN....caught the white girl eating grass in front of my room at the JW Marriott!! By the way..KID ROCKS off Broadway in down town Nashville...well..it's the Shizzle!! Ha!IMG_20210606_140433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stevo...I'm actually in Nashville TN....caught the white girl eating grass in front of my room at the JW Marriott!! By the way..KID ROCKS off Broadway in down town Nashville...well..it's the Shizzle!! Ha!View attachment 49270
Drive around Hendersonville in the evening if you want to see some bruisers!! Also, on the flight back I wondered if I would see ducks fleeing these places in every direction if I were to fly over on a winter Saturday morning.C0855DF6-9CFC-4E81-A86D-DC33237A3C92.jpeg946BA9F3-A043-481B-BD1C-D7B97E5DACF9.jpeg74908083-DDA3-4BED-AECB-64880F889EBA.jpeg55B468B8-064B-4D0F-811E-4EA1523B19B6.jpeg

Quite a few! DFW fly around in helicopters and capture / collar a bunch of them every year the week before the rifle opener....
What’s the legality of shooting a collared deer? Google says it’s legal in some states but I didn’t see anything definitive for California.

You can, but must return the collar to DFG. I prefer not the shoot the collared ones even though I joke about it.
At what size do these collared morals go out the window?
scenario…. It’s the final day of the D16 and a 100” fork steps out. Probably the biggest fork that’s gonna get shot on SCH this year and you know it. Just before you pull the trigger you notice a bright orange collar.

At what size do these collared morals go out the window?
scenario…. It’s the final day of the D16 and a 100” fork steps out. Probably the biggest fork that’s gonna get shot on SCH this year and you know it. Just before you pull the trigger you notice a bright orange collar.

oh it goes out the window pretty fast...especially if it has a rack. Usually if it is a collared doe, there will be others around so I would take them instead.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu