D8 Guide wanted

Looking for a guide in the Greenhorn mountain's area. if anyone has any references I would greatly appreciate it.

What are you willing to pay?.....Because A zone tags are readily available and I know someone who can put you on a really nice forky.... ;)

Have you hunted the Greenhorn Mts before?...When I hunted quail there (a lot)...I would see some great bucks below Lake Isabella dam along or near the Kern River.

Last edited:
What are you willing to pay?.....Because A zone tags are readily available and I know someone who can put you on a really nice forky.... ;)

Have you hunted the Greenhorn Mts before?...When I hunted quail there (a lot)...I would see some great bucks below Lake Isabella dam along or near the Kern River.
I think 1K is the most I can swing this year, if I have no luck finding a guide Im going to drive in and stay 3 days or so to get the job done for less a little north of the area you mentioned. Not opposed to A Zone. Are you talking north or south?

I think 1K is the most I can swing this year, if I have no luck finding a guide Im going to drive in and stay 3 days or so to get the job done for less a little north of the area you mentioned. Not opposed to A Zone. Are you talking north or south?

I'm thinking south....Maybe, some other folks will chime in on that A zone.

ps....I do believe 1,000 bones is a little light these days.

I have a hard time starting my truck these days for less than 2k....let's not forget the D13:.…..that 1.5 acres rivals Granny's and starts up just after the A-ZONE closes...both tags are over the counter and you may purchase 2 per zone...or 1 of each..I like to drive!!!

Well one week away from my 2 day trip out into the Sheep Mountain Wilderness, hopefully my follow up post will be a picture of a nice forky. Thanks for the tips and I know I was lowballing at 1K but sadly that is all I can afford in this overtaxed state. Good luck on Saturday fellas!

Reactions: Muledeerhunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu