DFW Meeting on Jan 15 regarding Stopping of Coyote hunting and more

chuck88norris

Apr 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Just thought everyone would be interested to know that DFW is having a meeting January 15th in Van Nuys. Some of the topics mentioned are the stopping of coyote hunting, use of dogs, take of fur-bearing animals and much more.

Read up and send in your comments:
Link to schedule. Click on agenda: http://www.fgc.ca.gov...2014/index.aspx

Instructions on how to email in comments is in the agenda

Stop coyote hunting?!?! that idea is so idiotic. someone should tell them with no coyote hunting therd be no deer . Yotes would destroy the population statewide but with coyote hunting theres deer and yotes statewide. Theyd would be causing an environmental disaster thats my .02 on the situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let them see a pair of yotes take apart a house pet, and some of them might gain a little perspective. There must be a video of that somewhere. I don't know the statistics for SD (Wheels probably does), but I've heard that attacks on pets have increased this year and that has been my impression hearing all the attacks in my neighborhood.

I've Heard a cat or two go down before. The only good thing about that is I'm thankful for those coyotes lol. Did me a favor

Sdbirds said:
I've Heard a cat or two go down before. The only good thing about that is I'm thankful for those coyotes lol. Did me a favor

Haha yeah, but they don't know that

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/Predator_Policy_Worksheet.pdf

Holly smokes. Its kind of hard to read, but check out that link to the agenda. Very hard because they didnt put in the entire section or regulation they want to modify..but I think there is verbage in there that calls for all non game animals huinting to be abolished? Think HSUS is trying to stike out the section that makes ground squirrel shooting legal. wow, was looking for a link to leave a coment but coudnt find one. This is giving me bad flash backs to the MLPA blue ribbon stuff....
Boyd

Greetings
I am writing concerning the upcoming Wildlife and Resource committee meeting on January 15th.
I will be unable to attend this meeting, due to work obligations.
Reading over the agenda, I see a large number of regulation changes that would adversely affect predator and non-game animal management practices through California. I am opposed to all regulation changes suggested by the HSUS (a known anti hunting organization), to the Department of Fish and Wildlife
These proposed regulation changes based on political demands of organizations with anti hunting agendas, not sound wildlife management science.
Further regulations changes concerning the take of non game species will adversely affect hunting opportunities in California, with no positive outcome for California wildlife management. Further regulation changes will have the affect of driving California hunters out of state, as well as their license revenue, which will have a negative effect on the CA DFW budget.
Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion to the committee.
Best regards

Here was my letter. Lets see who else can crank one out! remeber, use spell check, be polite (I Know its hard) and state a clear opinion.
Dont mean to throw my weight around as a new guy here, but after the whole MLPA thing went down, well put up or shut up...

Hey guys,
We all need to get on board and make our voices heard. I don't know who gave HSUS such a forum for their opinions that they get to hand over proposals on how they think the regs should be modified, but the fact is that they've put in their proposals, and I'm sure they will be given more opportunities to do so in the future. We've got to get on top of this and stay on top of it. Even if we are victorious, we can't sit back and say "phew, glad that's over."

If anybody wants to carpool, I'll be heading up from the San Diego area, and have an extra seat.

I saw that there is a group going from JessesHunting.com as well. Should be a high number of hunters' voices to be heard. Please let us know how the meeting goes. Here's the link if anyone wants to coordinate with them.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/showthread.php/247367-HSUS-trying-to-ban-predator-hunting!

I can't make it I will be working alnight. May try depending when I get up. Wish it was closer to where I sleep

I'd like to go anyone have room I get to sd at 5 need to feed my dog and will sleep back up north

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu