DINING IN THE IV

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
Were heading out friday evening for some dove hunting on saturday , where is your favorite place to eat , drink ,or have a little fun in the IV. also where to buy shells incase your having a bad day.

The only places I've eaten is in n out on 4th street in el centro and a resteraunt called daves BBQ I think it's called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wal mart and big 5 for shells, burgers and beer is always a good choice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

badyellowdog said:

+1 and Golden Corral is the bomb.............. ;D

ps.....My local Wally World is selling steel dove loads for $5.34 a box....And lead for $4.94.

Attachments

• dove opener 9-1-11 016.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 016.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 27
Not much out there and it all closes early by 8pm.......Rosa plane food down by the Calexico airport/border great food

Lots of Chinese food but I can't remember which ones were good

ilovesprig said:
badyellowdog said:

+1 and Golden Corral is the bomb.............. ;D

ps.....My local Wally World is selling steel dove loads for $5.34 a box....And lead for $4.94.

Steve,

By local Wally World do u mean in SD or in IV? I need to pick up a few boxes...

Another place that's pretty darn good up by the Heritage Fields is the Buckshot in Niland.

Attachments

• wister 5-17-11 035.JPG
    wister 5-17-11 035.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 27
Good Chinese 4th avenue 3-4 blocks off 8 left side in strip mall Panda City or Panda something mom and pop place awesome orange chicken.

TOWN PUMP IN WESTMORLAND. EXCELLENT STTEAKHOUSE. Also sunbeam lake has a dinner on Monday night. Free to anyone with a valid license 5 bucks without. Dfw comes to answer questions. They give away packages and prizes. Rv spots are only 37 bucks full hookup.

i'll name a few place by city

Calexico = rosa's plane food

Heber = 1. sea food place on main st. near RR tracks. 2. Kennedy's Market has a kitchen inside good burritos

El Centro = 1. around mall south off of I-8 and Dogwood Rd. has some of the regular restaurants, 2. Sobes Restaurant* off of Ross rd and 4th ave. near orileys strip mall *was one of the cooks at camachos place and she went solo. 3. burgers n beers north imperial ave. has ok food and good views ;-).

Imperial = has a donut shop on west barioni that has kitchen and next to it is a new restaurant but I haven't tried it yet.

good luck guys

Camacho's is very traditional, but sometimes tough to get into (Middle of nowhere).

For a great breakfast, try Brownies Diner in Brawley........ ;D

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjABahUKEwiB1MbDmcrHAhVCNT4KHYUjDUM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com%2FRestaurant_Review-g32106-d1028003-Reviews-Brownie_s_Diner-Brawley_California.html&ei=GoDfVYHfE8Lq-AGFx7SYBA&usg=AFQjCNFYaEK9nwjhSp19BSMs4-b8tJ_YcQ&sig2=Refh4wSx6E6qWmXZUtVpyQ

The Taco Shop in Holtville is good and the Barbara Worth resort and country club also in Holtville has a sports bar with good food.

ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
MJB said:
Yeah Camachos is in the middle of no where......no birds down that way:)
Ya don't bother

Our 2 best spots down there are now solid solar panels as far as the eye can see..... :(
Yup before the panels it was a good area

D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
MJB said:
Yeah Camachos is in the middle of no where......no birds down that way:)
Ya don't bother

Our 2 best spots down there are now solid solar panels as far as the eye can see..... :(
Yup before the panels it was a good area

Yup,, Lots of coyotes hit the dirt down there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu