DINING IN THE IV

steveo007

Were heading out friday evening for some dove hunting on saturday , where is your favorite place to eat , drink ,or have a little fun in the IV. also where to buy shells incase your having a bad day.

The only places I've eaten is in n out on 4th street in el centro and a resteraunt called daves BBQ I think it's called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badyellowdog said:
Wal mart and big 5 for shells, burgers and beer is always a good choice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

+1 and Golden Corral is the bomb.............. ;D

ps.....My local Wally World is selling steel dove loads for $5.34 a box....And lead for $4.94.

Attachments

• dove opener 9-1-11 016.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 016.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 27
Not much out there and it all closes early by 8pm.......Rosa plane food down by the Calexico airport/border great food

Lots of Chinese food but I can't remember which ones were good

ilovesprig said:
badyellowdog said:
Wal mart and big 5 for shells, burgers and beer is always a good choice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

+1 and Golden Corral is the bomb.............. ;D

ps.....My local Wally World is selling steel dove loads for $5.34 a box....And lead for $4.94.

Steve,

By local Wally World do u mean in SD or in IV? I need to pick up a few boxes...

Another place that's pretty darn good up by the Heritage Fields is the Buckshot in Niland.

Attachments

• wister 5-17-11 035.JPG
    wister 5-17-11 035.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 27
Good Chinese 4th avenue 3-4 blocks off 8 left side in strip mall Panda City or Panda something mom and pop place awesome orange chicken.

TOWN PUMP IN WESTMORLAND. EXCELLENT STTEAKHOUSE. Also sunbeam lake has a dinner on Monday night. Free to anyone with a valid license 5 bucks without. Dfw comes to answer questions. They give away packages and prizes. Rv spots are only 37 bucks full hookup.

i'll name a few place by city

Calexico = rosa's plane food

Heber = 1. sea food place on main st. near RR tracks. 2. Kennedy's Market has a kitchen inside good burritos

El Centro = 1. around mall south off of I-8 and Dogwood Rd. has some of the regular restaurants, 2. Sobes Restaurant* off of Ross rd and 4th ave. near orileys strip mall *was one of the cooks at camachos place and she went solo. 3. burgers n beers north imperial ave. has ok food and good views ;-).

Imperial = has a donut shop on west barioni that has kitchen and next to it is a new restaurant but I haven't tried it yet.

good luck guys

Camacho's is very traditional, but sometimes tough to get into (Middle of nowhere).

For a great breakfast, try Brownies Diner in Brawley........ ;D

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjABahUKEwiB1MbDmcrHAhVCNT4KHYUjDUM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com%2FRestaurant_Review-g32106-d1028003-Reviews-Brownie_s_Diner-Brawley_California.html&ei=GoDfVYHfE8Lq-AGFx7SYBA&usg=AFQjCNFYaEK9nwjhSp19BSMs4-b8tJ_YcQ&sig2=Refh4wSx6E6qWmXZUtVpyQ

The Taco Shop in Holtville is good and the Barbara Worth resort and country club also in Holtville has a sports bar with good food.

ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
MJB said:
Yeah Camachos is in the middle of no where......no birds down that way:)
Ya don't bother

Our 2 best spots down there are now solid solar panels as far as the eye can see..... :(
Yup before the panels it was a good area

D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
MJB said:
Yeah Camachos is in the middle of no where......no birds down that way:)
Ya don't bother

Our 2 best spots down there are now solid solar panels as far as the eye can see..... :(
Yup before the panels it was a good area

Yup,, Lots of coyotes hit the dirt down there.

Back