"Do something...They're getting away"

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted with my daughter Stefanie this morning...Little slow, but then we had a hen start yelping back to the Flydown slate...She made her way right to us...And when I say right to us, I mean right to us...10' and she's yelping like crazy...Paying no mind to the 3 DSD's down below her...After about 15 minutes of this, I hear a drum, then a strut...1st comes another hen, then 2 longs...The 2 hens join up, but the 2 toms go after the jake...Unfortunately, they are really close together and she can't shoot...Then the hens start taking them away from the jake and now they're 40+...Stef says, "Do something, they're getting away!"...I yelp on the diaphragm and they turn and gobble...It was his last one....18-2 lbs, 10" beard, 1/2 spurs....Solid 2 year old....ps...Did I mention I missed the 2nd one with my little .410...Should've just used her gun again...lol

.049.JPG031.JPG036.JPG

Way to hammer um!! Thursday birds are the best!

Love those 410s Steve I know you can pull it off Congrats to Stefanie

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu