Does anyone actually find hunting/outdoor buddies this way?

Good stuff brother. I’m ready to pay dues! I’m going out to the San Gorgonio Wilderness this Sunday and get at those cottontails! Hope to see you in the field.
I'm scouting the same area tomorrow for deer season. First time applying and drew a D14 tag. I've never hunted D14 so I got work to do. I'll bring my 10/22 in case I see bunnies. We may run into each other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm scouting the same area tomorrow for deer season. First time applying and drew a D14 tag. I've never hunted D14 so I got work to do. I'll bring my 10/22 in case I see bunnies. We may run into each other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

D-14 is a good zone. I spent a lot of time in there and I’ve seen lots of deer. Don’t put too much effort around Big Bear. Not impossible, but there’s better areas.

I’ve always been hesitant to hunt with someone I’ve met in a forum simply because of firearm safety issues. Many people I know that are “gun people” aren’t safe enough with guns for my taste and then add in the thrill of the hunt and I just shy away from hunting with people I haven’t know/been at a range with. I’m glad that others have had success finding hunting partners online though, as hunting with family/friends makes the hunt all the more enjoyable. I did join Quail Forever a while ago and have done clay shooting with one of the chapters and was real impressed with how they approached firearm safety, so maybe that will lead to some hunting partners for me.

Reactions: JLerch
I’ve always been hesitant to hunt with someone I’ve met in a forum simply because of firearm safety issues. Many people I know that are “gun people” aren’t safe enough with guns for my taste and then add in the thrill of the hunt and I just shy away from hunting with people I haven’t know/been at a range with. I’m glad that others have had success finding hunting partners online though, as hunting with family/friends makes the hunt all the more enjoyable. I did join Quail Forever a while ago and have done clay shooting with one of the chapters and was real impressed with how they approached firearm safety, so maybe that will lead to some hunting partners for me.
I totally understand that hesitancy!

Reactions: ilovesprig
I’ve hunted with people I’ve met online. I try and communicate as much as possible to get a feel for the person, and I haven’t had any scary situations. Friends on the other hand... there’s a few I’ll hunt with and a few I won’t. The ones I won’t hunt with act like fools and don’t take seriously. Usually a range trip or two can help you get an idea of the way people act with firearms. I’m all for fun and games, and even some light banter, but when someone has a firearm in hand, I like to see good sense.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu