Dove decoy modification

SluiceCoot

Oct 25, 2014
Rancho
So this year I want to put some ground decoys near the water's edge of a canal but all my decoys are clip on kind. I made a 10 second modification and it works. Simply drill a hole through the clip and into the body. Add a BBQ skewer. Wa-la.

Obviously the ground needs to be soft. It may not work for everyone but I think it's going to work for me. Anyways, I thought I'd share. Good luck everyone on the first.

.image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also change the angle of the dove by not inserting the skewer all the way through the decoy and just putting the skewer through the first half of the clip as seen here. And the tension of the clip locks the skewer down tight.

.image.jpeg

Works like a charm. Added some tubing to keep it from slipping. The tubing was too large so I split it and secured it with a zip tie. Much more durable than the skewer. Thanks GSP

.image.jpeg image.jpeg

I have the same decoys. I just put a 4 inch stick in the clip. It holds them up just fine

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu