Dove = Fun

Let me know if you make it out.. I doubt I'll hunt next weekend but if I do I'll give you a heads up.

Got drawn for the San Felipe WA on Sun. the 8th but was thinking of going somewhere else on Saturday..might make the drive out to the IV Saturday..don't have the slightest idea on where to go out there tho

Good stuff Jason! Good to see you and Dan at it.
I kept meaning to hit you guys up and grab lunch or dinner while we were out there, but time just got away from us...
That and grabbing naps mid-day.
SBE3 looks good!
-Robert

I
I remember an old saying that applies and holds true to this day in that you don't need a new gun- "Beware of the man that only shoots one gun" i.e. learn to shoot what you got and you will out shoot any newbie with the latest stuff every day. True fact in my in my opinion and observations over the years...
I agree
I shot the Remington 870 for 25 years ,it was just time for a new one.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I remember an old saying that applies and holds true to this day in that you don't need a new gun- "Beware of the man that only shoots one gun" i.e. learn to shoot what you got and you will out shoot any newbie with the latest stuff every day. True fact in my in my opinion and observations over the years...

Fred,

This may be true, but being able to afford driving a Mercedes (shooting a Benelli) is so much nicer than driving a Chevy (870)...Both can get me to the same place, but why not drive in style... :joy:

ps...Still love my old 870, but shooting a pump from a layout and shooting an auto is like night & day.

Reactions: MAG 1
Fred,

This may be true, but being able to afford driving a Mercedes (shooting a Benelli) is so much nicer than driving a Chevy (870)...Both can get me to the same place, but why not drive in style... :joy:

ps...Still love my old 870, but shooting a pump from a layout and shooting an auto is like night & day.

The Mercedes was damn nice on opening day :)

Reactions: ilovesprig
I won't argue with a nice gun to shoot, They are great when they fit your style and physique , My go to upland gun the past twelve years has been a Berreta Silverhawk side by side 20 with 26" barrels and improved and modified chokes installed. ( The wife caught on to my gentlemen gun obsession back then and took care of me and I've never looked back). (P.S she bought one for herself as well).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu