Dove Hunt weekend #2

duck-boy

Nov 25, 2015
Went to Westmoreland area to hunt a little and do a little work at the club. Hunting was almost as good as opening weekend. Still lots of birds where I was at. Weather was a bit hot though. Drove home today and hit some rain and dust storm. Anyone else out this weekend, how'd you do?

PXL_20230908_152448312~2.jpgPXL_20230909_015005795.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Undisclosed CDFW location in SD County, beautiful well kept place with good mourning population. This past weekend, limited out by 8:30am. Very thankful for the opportunity.
31c47ec0946121769394b38830cb7f9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I hit SJ and Niland with the kids, but didn't see much worth shooting. Gonna hit up either Niland or Blythe on Friday for the the closer.
I've done well in the past at the CDFW fields in Niland. I'm probably hitting them for an evening hunt on the last day. When they slow down, I walk the fields and bump into them that way. It's more fun too.

I've done well in the past at the CDFW fields in Niland. I'm probably hitting them for an evening hunt on the last day. When they slow down, I walk the fields and bump into them that way. It's more fun too.

Nice. I've heard the same advice about walking and bumping them.

Reactions: raybasster

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu