Dove Hunting

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
I just got into dove hunting during the sept. opener. I got my limit on opening day and it was super fun. I just bought my first shot gun and I am hooked now. I am looking for someone to hunt the November season with. Im looking to either Hunt El Centro or Blythe. Let me know if youre interested

Looking to possibly do my first dove hunt in Nov. Any tips? Looking to head to el centro area

been out twice to my goto spots around the CNF Areas and been skunked walked 7 miles never heard a quail and only spooked a solo and shot him. How’s everyone else fairing? I was betting this was the year with all the rain but so far no bueno. I’m contrast the doves are everywhere! Can’t wait till the eleventh! Dark meat back on the menu haha

I really thought this was going to be a banner year for quail and ground nesting birds...While deer hunting, I have not seen or heard a quail (very few turkeys too).... :confused:

M
I really thought this was going to be a banner year for quail and ground nesting birds...While deer hunting, I have not seen or heard a quail (very few turkeys too).... :confused:
Maybe too much weather and it knocked down the adult population. Maybe that coupled with years of drought will cause the population to take more time to recolonize. I have not seen good turkey counts where I live since 2009.

I am seeing and hearing plenty. The cover is remarkably thick and water sources are abundant. They can really be anywhere. I plan on hunting them once D16 closes.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu