Dove near San Diego?

GatorBait

Sep 2, 2015
I was wondering if there are any decent places to hunt near San Diego? I dont mind driving out to IV on the weekends, but would like to find somewhere closer to home to shoot some feathery friends. All the maps i have seen on FWC site are for IV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

San Felipe WA is about the only public spot I know of out here in east county.....Steel shot required and the friends that I talked to said they saw very few birds.

Not enough water for a really good hunt.. three years ago I would say go for it. Wait for the el nijo

From my understanding most hunting is private property in S.D. county. What part of the county are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MasterBlaster66T said:
From my understanding most hunting is private property in S.D. county. What part of the county are you?

I'm way south on the coast imperial beach.... I don't mind driving to east county or up to an hour away. I just don't want to make the 2 hour trip to IV during the week.

Well, iv is usually the best bet. I totally understand not wanting to do the drive though. Just the cost of living in the city.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu