Dove Open

Tough opener for most. Weather prior to opener had influence for sure.

My son and I shot limits but it was a medium slow pick. Had a blast (pun). I should have tried Plaster City, they always fly better there!

Got my opener dove limit but it took till 9:30 am, slow pick near calipatria. Five were white wings. Others in our group ranged from limits to just a few for a couple of newbies. Afternoon rain storm killed ECD plans, so we played poker at the motel. Day two no one wanted to deal with mud so most just slept in and goofed off for a bit before heading home.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I got snubbed by one bird of my third limit.
Kind of my fault though cause I foolishly dropped one into the highest thickest salt cedar wall around. My GSP looking at me like you realize I'm not a monkey can't help you with that one.
Overall the third day was the slowest yet. I had to try hard to get those 14 compared to the previous two days. I'm at 45 birds anyways with the city dove the dog got. Dove tacos for this week!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu