Dove Opener Challange

as73

Aug 27, 2019
It's almost here, Hope everyone limits out.... I challenge each and everyone of you guys to carry a trash bag and fill it with empty hulls and any other trash you you find in the fields. Most of us do this already, However More and more fields are being posted because of careless people leaving trash behind. Lets all help preserve what we have left.

Picked a guy up from his spot one afternoon, dude had his limit , i looked around his little dove chair and must have been 4 boxes of hulls...i did not say anything, he got in the truck happy as a clam..got him back to his car and collected the loot. It was at that point i asked if he had a good time, he said hell yes!! Never seen so many birds!! Cant wait to come back! I said, did you take alot of pictures? He said yes!! Tons!! I said good, cause this is the last time you will see this ranch... slob shooter at its finest...

Picked a guy up from his spot one afternoon, dude had his limit , i looked around his little dove chair and must have been 4 boxes of hulls...i did not say anything, he got in the truck happy as a clam..got him back to his car and collected the loot. It was at that point i asked if he had a good time, he said hell yes!! Never seen so many birds!! Cant wait to come back! I said, did you take alot of pictures? He said yes!! Tons!! I said good, cause this is the last time you will see this ranch... slob shooter at its finest...

I'd have a hard time not talking to the person about it! Its so messed up, ruins it for the rest of us!

In past years when I use to hunt Ca. just for the hell of it we would take an afternoon drive north of Blythe and turn towards the river off second st. When you get to the river turn up river until you come to end of road. There were and I assume still are fields DFG would plant with various seed crops, such as millet. Dove were crazy thick up there. DFG would put out large drums with signs, these drums for your empties, please pick up after yourself. Drum were about 100 yards apart and there was always enough empties on the ground between drums to fill both of the closest drums. Lazy pigs.

By the way..im chatting Dove talk!!! Man ive come along ways..baby steps...

Reactions: chessie
In past years when I use to hunt Ca. just for the hell of it we would take an afternoon drive north of Blythe and turn towards the river off second st. When you get to the river turn up river until you come to end of road. There were and I assume still are fields DFG would plant with various seed crops, such as millet. Dove were crazy thick up there. DFG would put out large drums with signs, these drums for your empties, please pick up after yourself. Drum were about 100 yards apart and there was always enough empties on the ground between drums to fill both of the closest drums. Lazy pigs.

That's a great area for dove, However there are some real idiots out there. Reminder to wear eye protection. I always get a bag or two of trash. I've seen guys shoot at anything that fly's over. DFG loves ticketing people for shooting over the road there. They also always have the truck blocking the road to check you out on the way out. No worries if you follow the rules, Good Stuff

That's what kids are for. Dads or Moms, we pay for the license ,shells food and hotel rooms, plus gas. The least those little turds can do is pick up a bag full of trash !!!:)

That's what kids are for. Dads or Moms, we pay for the license ,shells food and hotel rooms, plus gas. The least those little turds can do is pick up a bag full of trash !!!:)
Way to GO! Teach them early,I call that responsible parenting.

Reactions: MAG 1
Slobs. Same dudes that leave shopping carts next to your car and toss cigs on the sidewalk like they magically disappear. Also don't like seeing piles of feathers and dove carcasses in a field.. be discreet and clean about your cleaning. Also don't forget to leave a wing if you clean in the field.. never know when Mr. Green Jeans will roll up on Sept 1st.

Here ya go... IC Sheriff posted some rules up for the Imperial Valley..image1.png

Thanks for the reminder

Always pick up my shells. if I am cleaning birds, I leave no carcass and as few feathers as possible.

rad spot... I hunted there when I was 10, would walk in the morning and stay all day under them cedar trees. Dove highway.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu