Dove Treestand

H

Hunter527

I understand hunting near a roost tree is a fairly common strategy for dove hunting. But this year I’m considering putting a treestand in a roost tree and hunting from there. What are your thoughts on hunting doves from a treestand?

I understand hunting near a roost tree is a fairly common strategy for dove hunting. But this year I’m considering putting a treestand in a roost tree and hunting from there. What are your thoughts on hunting doves from a treestand?
I would imagine that it might be more difficult to shoot from up high in a horizontal line to a moving target, than from the bottom up. Also, don't you want to be able to move around?

I would imagine that it might be more difficult to shoot from up high in a horizontal line to a moving target, than from the bottom up. Also, don't you want to be able to move around?
I actually trained my lab to climb ladders so he can bring the doves up to me in the stand.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
I'm thinking bring out one of those cell tower/fake tree things on a trailer and post yourself at the top of it with a 360' swivel seat somewhere near a tree line. Then put some extra long limbs on it and hang a bunch of mojo's. That should work.

I'm thinking bring out one of those cell tower/fake tree things on a trailer and post yourself at the top of it with a 360' swivel seat somewhere near a tree line. Then put some extra long limbs on it and hang a bunch of mojo's. That should work.
The only reason I’m resorting to treestands is because apparently layout blinds are
“Way overcomplicating it” according to certain people.

Thanks for telling everyone, now the freeways are going to be jammed up on Saturday because everyone’s hauling out their cell towers. I won’t even get there with enough daylight to scout.

I'm thinking the ac unit you were talking about bringing would be easier to install than the the pit blind rig which would require ditching to hide the air ducts because you could use flex hose to pipe the air up to the blind and hide it all under the fake tower. You go H527, Let me know if you have space and I'll bring the liquor for the pre flight party and bbq in the blind.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu