Draw Turkey Hunts

sportyg

Oct 28, 2011
SoCal
Was just looking to the state draw hunts for turkey, noticed most of the spring hunts are only one day, with a few weekend hunts mostly after April. Fall are mostly both days on the weekend and archers are mostly 6 day hunts. Found it odd spring would be only one day and fall both weekend hunts.

Was just looking to the state draw hunts for turkey, noticed most of the spring hunts are only one day, with a few weekend hunts mostly after April. Fall are mostly both days on the weekend and archers are mostly 6 day hunts. Found it odd spring would be only one day and fall both weekend hunts.

I'm only guessing, but it might be that hunts in the spring are easier than fall hunts...And, most certainly archery hunts...Also, most the guys that put in for these hunts live near them...Us SoCal's having to travel a long distance is probably not considered.

Reactions: sportyg
I'm only guessing, but it might be that hunts in the spring are easier than fall hunts...And, most certainly archery hunts...Also, most the guys that put in for these hunts live near them...Us SoCal's having to travel a long distance is probably not considered.
Great reply Steve and more then likely correct. I surely wouldn't travel up there for a one day hunt.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu