Drive about Today....5-9-16

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Taking a kid out Friday for one last turkey hunt.....The boys were gobbling and still chasing the girls.....The hen in the high grass had at least 8 poults......Just couldn't get a good pic.

Also did some ground griz shooting.....When I could see 'em, the mighty Savage .17 HMR would whack 'em.... ;D

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    962.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 53
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    750.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    801.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    912.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    624.2 KB · Views: 48
Steve,

All those turkey pics remind me of the time I hunted my ass off looking for bucks.

The day after the season was closed my gf and I walked up a certain canyon here in an area in OC with tons of restrictions that you can hunt.
Grunting galore!

Saw five bucks 180 class or better that had wandered over from Irvine Ranch to tease. Everyone of them was less than 150 yards and grunting.

great pics steve, my bro-in-law went up to KQ Ranch this weekend and saw a few turkeys around camp :)

ivhunter said:
great pics steve, my bro-in-law went up to KQ Ranch this weekend and saw a few turkeys around camp :)

Rick,

Glad to hear......Lots of deer around there too...... ;)

rbduffer said:
Excellent Steve. I just got my Savage .17 out of jail. Time to get it dirty!

rb,

They are killin' machines.....And leave quite a mark.......... ;D

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    924.9 KB · Views: 28
ilovesprig said:
Taking a kid out Friday for one last turkey hunt.....The boys were gobbling and still chasing the girls.....The hen in the high grass had at least 8 poults......Just couldn't get a good pic.

Also did some ground griz shooting.....When I could see 'em, the mighty Savage .17 HMR would whack 'em.... ;D

glad we can't see the poults in the high grass...hopefully their will be more birds around next year.

Glad the big boys are still out chasing tail. I'll be out near Julian to try and arrow a bird on Saturday morning. I can't get beat by a 8yo ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu