Dropping Bombs on Moms

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Sorry for the long absence. You guys have watched my boys grow up on here. Lil Drew now 14 put his first deer down a few weekends back and it was well deserved.
The 16 has been tough this season to say the least. But the boys have been putting in the miles weekend after weekend and always wondering what’s over the next ridge.

Now to the doe. We hunted all day and we were not seeing anything. Mid morning we gained a ton of elevation to start looking for deer and to get ready for the evening hunt. About an hour before sunset I glassed up this doe about 200 yards from my truck but about a mile away from us. The stalk was on we were in steep country and good shooting locations were few and far between.

We got to 340 and got him prone and stable on a rock. He was shooting my custom Fine Firearms 260 Remington with 124G Hammers. (Side note rock was covered in fire ants I had welts for a week). I am getting him ready to shoot and helping to adjust the parallax on the scope when boom the kid lets one loose, my ears will never recover lol. That first one was a warning shot and I was able to settle him down get him back on the deer and he dropped her in her tracks. Pretty great being able to drag her to the truck. I needed an easy pack out for once.

Just like that he will never get his first deer again. We have been training for this moment his entire life. These boys eat and sleep the hunting and the outdoors. I am so proud as a father and I am blessed to have such a great kid.

We are off to AZ this week both boys have any antler tags as well as Javelina tags. Stay tuned we have some deer on lockdown and as long as they can shoot I have hopes of putting animals down. The entire family will be in deer camp the wife, all 5 five kids, grandma and grandpa, and some friends. We are excited it should be one to remember.
425CD862-8AB9-43C8-ADAA-BECAC9F40D5A.jpegCFD17B57-A935-4EEF-B1EC-A67CAD8F1435.jpegE7F17835-3105-4B23-87F4-4134B2098EFA.jpeg
8854D11A-2EE7-4E41-9160-B9CF73262877.jpeg

Drew,

Nothing better in my book...Still remember my 1st deer with my dad vividly...Thanks for sharing this awesome experience.

ps...I'm guessing he'll have no problem pulling the trigger this spring... ;)

Reactions: TRICER
You are an amazing father and family man Drew. Hats of to you and congrats to Lil' Drew.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu