Ducking Delima

I’m in a bind, life altering choices are about to be made. Wife’s birthday is on the 16th she wants me home, boss texted me this morning i have a project that has to be on done on the 16th and have to be at work, and then this flies into the mix.

View attachment 56465

I am about to be divorced and unemployed.
Well, sounds like the only reasonable course of action left open to you. Let us know how you do.

I'd duck dude... remember..they are both lucky to have you..

• Haha
Reactions: garlicsalt
God is testing your priorities. I've failed it many times.

See if the project can be moved up a day & get it done in the 15th.
If you ended up working, wife wouldn't see you until you would normally get home so go hunt & make sure you are home well before that. You'll be done by noon anyways, not much happens after that.

Reactions: ilovesprig
God is testing your priorities. I've failed it many times.

See if the project can be moved up a day & get it done in the 15th.
If you ended up working, wife wouldn't see you until you would normally get home so go hunt & make sure you are home well before that. You'll be done by noon anyways, not much happens after that.
Im with Matt !! In my younger days I wouldn't have thought twice about Boss or Wife ! Now I see what a shatty Husband I was; never cared about the Boss ! I was looking for a job when I found this one ! But her, should've have done better !! Been married and together going on 40 years; still trying to make up for my selfishness !! Make sure your there for her Birthday !!

1st pick is way too much pressure, I'd rather get a good number on the sweatline and pass shoot next door to the guy with a top 5 ressie.

It's a #1 rez c'mon, man TF up. Shoot a 7 for 7 and get out of there by 0730. On your way back drop some coffee and flowers for your wife to ease the pain. Be at work by 0900 to crush the project and get out by 1200. Spend the afternoon with the wife and then take her out for cocktails and then dinner that you remembered to make reservations for on your way back from SJ. Make it look easy and you may get lucky later too

It’s San jac… I’d rather be in the top half of the sweat at the wiz.

And no. I don’t have a high ressie that day and trying to get one more spot ahead! Lol.

Go duck hunt for the first few hours. Then work at home on your project with your wife

Easy..tell the wife you have a project at work to do and tell work its your wifes bday then you'll be free to hunt!

Or you can take the wife on a bday duck hunt...

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr
Here’s an idea, bring the wife to SJ. Tell her you spent years trying to get a #1 reservation for her. My wife went after 33 years of marriage. She is addicted now! It will be her most unique birthday ever.

Screw the job. Corporations don’t care about you. They will take everything you have if you let them.

(I’m a capitalist and a hard core conservative. Just being real about corporate life)

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
1. In the future you won't remember what you did at work that day, you will remember the hunt

2. Ask wife what her price is for you to miss morning of her bday and pay the fee! I once had to buy wife a new bedroom set in order to miss her bday to go on CO elk hunt. 100% worth it!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Was a fun day at San J. Probably one of the best days I have ever seen at opening bell with so much movement. They were coming from every direction for a solid 30-45 mins at first light. This is the first time hunting waterfowl before Xmas, maybe it’s always like this. Wind was unrelenting though, just would not stop, super dehydrated from it but gave the decoys lifelike movement. Did get a hen shovler to send off to the taxi for my bookshelf, I totally missed the drake at 10 yards landing in the decoys, damm modified chokes. can’t get that shot out of my head, I can still see every detail of him.

Also got to watch a recreation of the tombstone scene where Wyatt crosses the river shooting. The guy across from us was going after a coot on the water walking across the pond, after his third shot I told @Fitz he is out of ammo but another three shots rang out with out him ever lowering his gun, was just like the movies where they never run out of ammo…

If you guys have Saturday reservations bring some unwrapped toys with you, I am sure it would be appreciated for the toy drive.

48EEB2B7-3D95-4FFC-93D4-F075A6B9BEF3.jpeg

@Fitz was miserable, if anyone has the link to the jackets everyone was wearing at check in send it to him.

C90BDF56-3AB4-45AD-85DF-74B985AD6D84.jpeg

5B645D7D-3ECD-453B-AA54-624DF18CFEE2.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu