El Toro Feed lot in El Centro (Heber) no longer allows hunting

That's why I always offer to take new hunters out. I'll take them to the heritage fields or someplace well known and tech them how to pick up more then what they bring.

You'd think a lot of this stuff would be common sense... picking up empties, not shooting on/over the roads, not raining shot on stuff. Bummer. Take care of your hunting spots otherwise we might lose more of them.

Here's my rant. I had my first dove hunt there and introduced several buddies to their first dove hunt their. That was one of THE BEST euro spots in the valley before all the idiots showed up. I hunted that spot for years with not too many people around. Since the start of the this year however that spot has been a complete cluster f*** to put it mildly. Idiots shooting every direction and people have been leaving all kinds of trash. Last time I hunted there was around March I got there at 7 am and there were 10 trucks there already full of idiots taking stupid shots. It was basically the wild west of bird hunting. Lose lips sink ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are funny their are lots of other spots to shoot them that aren't feed lots......learn to hunt them not just show up and start shooting. Finding the birds is the hunt......once you find them then it's a shoot

Last winter I found a spot that had euros, morning & pigeons in a cut Sudan field.......it lasted the entire pheasant season morning shoot and evening shoot. The euros would come in after 8am so we didn't shoot many because we were after pheasants at that time.

I bring a leaf rake to gather all the empties......wish my dogs would fetch them up for me....

I hear plaster city has good shooting

Aeon said:
I hear plaster city has good shooting

I'm writing a book about dove hunting in the Imperial valley. Would you mind being more specific about the Plaster city area. Would you be talking about the west side or the east side ?

I hear the northeast area near plaster city is good. Here is a pic and the coordinates. :)

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 30
The neighborhood to the west is full of euros. It's pretty wide-open if you hide in the back of your buddies truck while he drives around

Keep that on the down low

Sdbirds said:
The neighborhood to the west is full of euros. It's pretty wide-open if you hide in the back of your buddies truck while he drives around

Keep that on the down low

Lol!

checked the Regs i see no mention of ice cream trucking not being ok. Someone call the DFG

North side of plaster about two miles. You can talk to Ned at the office about access passes 20$ a year

https://youtu.be/UojMQs-PthM

people have no respect any more. for any one. or this planet. trash out more places and eventually most of the IV will be a no shooting area with locked gates. walked up one of the trails while back, and there was broken glass every where. it was fucking mess. people just don't give a shit any more. i move away from that.

I heard they shut it down because they were tired of SD Birds taking naked pictures with Euros in front of his nuts.

Truduct said:
I heard they shut it down because they were tired of SD Birds taking naked pictures with Euros in front of his nuts.
I can attest to the fact he's done it at least 7 times and had me take the picture. I still have nightmares sometimes.

D16hunter said:
Truduct said:
I can attest to the fact he's done it at least 7 times and had me take the picture. I still have nightmares sometimes.

Kids...

Truduct said:

Actually he likes to take naked pictures using pheasants to cover his manhood although a euro probably would have provided adequate coverage! Lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu