Elk gun

Tikka T3X Lite it is boys. Looking forward to hitting the range as soon as my stupid 10 days are up. Thanks for all the suggestions and convo. Always cool learning why people think the way that they do.
You will love it. What optics?

Being left handed, Tikka t3x lh is your choice. I would do the new 7mmprc or 300prc. My elk guns are .338 win, .270 win. Good luck.

Some is better than others...that's for sure .

Let's get it back on topic..the little round that does everything..the 257wbymag..with a 120GR NOSLER does it all..that was one cold morning and a shit show on public land with all the jackwagons hearding elk..caught this loner booking it out the back door as we watched the road hunters below drive him right too us atop the mountain saddle..one to the neck and that was it .good night nurse...like anything else .shot placement is key....my 1 cent..

Screenshot_20230703-082329.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703-082355.png
    Screenshot_20230703-082355.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Exit wound on dads last bull. He decided to use copper. 150gr ttsx in 300wm. It did a hell of a job. I was pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of way to skin a cat but I agree shotplacement is king. IMG_3688.png

Last edited:
Shoot them rite, good night!

6.5 all day get to a couple hundred yards and it will be over faster then prom night….:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu