Elk?

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Anyone have info on a good out of state OTC elk tag? I'm looking into going here pretty soon. I wouldn't mind killing a cow..

Check out Oregon they have OTC elk tag, they have a decent population of roosevelt elk

Montana has a combo tag that the last I checked were still available........Any elk, any deer, waterfowl, upland, and fishing.

Great deal IMO.......... ;)

Attachments

• montana 2012 fishing 062.JPG
    montana 2012 fishing 062.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 114
  • montana day 3 016.JPG
    montana day 3 016.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 111
  • montana day 4 034.JPG
    montana day 4 034.JPG
    539.6 KB · Views: 15
  • montana day 3 cals buck 013.JPG
    montana day 3 cals buck 013.JPG
    972.4 KB · Views: 16
  • montana day 3 cals buck 012.JPG
    montana day 3 cals buck 012.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 113
Thanks Steve, I did that hunt last year. I ended up eating my elk tag, missing my chance on a monster Muley, killing a whitetail and catching a ton of trout haha. It's just so far and expensive! But I might go back next year for archery deer season. I passed on tons of bucks I would for sure kill with my bow, so if I don't draw the x-zone I'm hoping for, I might just go back.

Drewski2324 said:
Idaho baby! Anywhere in the middle of the state. Its rugged and expensive (for me) but I rarely go without seeing great bucks and great deer.

How often do you go?

Drewski2324 said:
Almost every year. I go in mid to late September the bulls are going crazy and rarely see another hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so awesome.. How much are the tags?

Hunting license: $154.75
Deer: $301.75 (allows you to shoot a deer Buck or a doe Whitetail or mule deer, black bear, or mountain lion with the same tag if they are in season.)
Elk: $416.75 (Bull or cow in the area I hunt)

Not cheap but always fun.

Drewski2324 said:
Deer: $301.75 (allows you to shoot a deer Buck or a doe Whitetail or mule deer, black bear, or mountain lion with the same tag if they are in season.)

Dang. What zone do you hunt?

ilovesprig. How often do you head out there and i it generally public land that you hunt on?

Duckgtr said:
ilovesprig. How often do you head out there and i it generally public land that you hunt on?

It's always public. I have never hunted private land in Idaho. Don't be mistaken it's a rough hunt and we come home empty-handed more times than not. For elk anyways. We usually get a deer.

TaftHunter said:
Drewski2324 said:

Dang. What zone do you hunt?

I will try to look it up later. A town that is close by is called Riggins. I don't remember the zone number off the top of my head but I will find out.

Duckgtr said:

Going again this year for the 2nd time (I've also hunted spring turkey here)........This is a ranch that belongs to a friend.......It's surrounded by public land. Like many places, getting access to the public is key.

Great pictures Steve. Makes me want to pack my bags and move.

Until winter kicks in and I run home.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu