Elk?

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Anyone have info on a good out of state OTC elk tag? I'm looking into going here pretty soon. I wouldn't mind killing a cow..

Montana has a combo tag that the last I checked were still available........Any elk, any deer, waterfowl, upland, and fishing.

Great deal IMO.......... ;)

Attachments

• montana 2012 fishing 062.JPG
    montana 2012 fishing 062.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 114
  • montana day 3 016.JPG
    montana day 3 016.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 111
  • montana day 4 034.JPG
    montana day 4 034.JPG
    539.6 KB · Views: 15
  • montana day 3 cals buck 013.JPG
    montana day 3 cals buck 013.JPG
    972.4 KB · Views: 16
  • montana day 3 cals buck 012.JPG
    montana day 3 cals buck 012.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 113
Thanks Steve, I did that hunt last year. I ended up eating my elk tag, missing my chance on a monster Muley, killing a whitetail and catching a ton of trout haha. It's just so far and expensive! But I might go back next year for archery deer season. I passed on tons of bucks I would for sure kill with my bow, so if I don't draw the x-zone I'm hoping for, I might just go back.

Idaho baby! Anywhere in the middle of the state. Its rugged and expensive (for me) but I rarely go without seeing great bucks and great deer.

Drewski2324 said:
Idaho baby! Anywhere in the middle of the state. Its rugged and expensive (for me) but I rarely go without seeing great bucks and great deer.

How often do you go?

Almost every year. I go in mid to late September the bulls are going crazy and rarely see another hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewski2324 said:
Almost every year. I go in mid to late September the bulls are going crazy and rarely see another hunter.

That's so awesome.. How much are the tags?

Hunting license: $154.75
Deer: $301.75 (allows you to shoot a deer Buck or a doe Whitetail or mule deer, black bear, or mountain lion with the same tag if they are in season.)
Elk: $416.75 (Bull or cow in the area I hunt)

Not cheap but always fun.

Drewski2324 said:
Deer: $301.75 (allows you to shoot a deer Buck or a doe Whitetail or mule deer, black bear, or mountain lion with the same tag if they are in season.)

Dang. What zone do you hunt?

Duckgtr said:
ilovesprig. How often do you head out there and i it generally public land that you hunt on?

It's always public. I have never hunted private land in Idaho. Don't be mistaken it's a rough hunt and we come home empty-handed more times than not. For elk anyways. We usually get a deer.

TaftHunter said:
Drewski2324 said:

Dang. What zone do you hunt?

I will try to look it up later. A town that is close by is called Riggins. I don't remember the zone number off the top of my head but I will find out.

Duckgtr said:
ilovesprig. How often do you head out there and i it generally public land that you hunt on?

Going again this year for the 2nd time (I've also hunted spring turkey here)........This is a ranch that belongs to a friend.......It's surrounded by public land. Like many places, getting access to the public is key.

Duckgtr said:

Sorry I read right over you asking ilovesprig.

Great pictures Steve. Makes me want to pack my bags and move.

Until winter kicks in and I run home.

Back